Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picking up fastfood with mavic pro

Is this fake or not fake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i can do that :) give me a day or two and it will be on the thread

I like how Hardees had a neon piece of string ready to go in case a drone came through the drive thru. Have your parents ever impressed upon you the virtues of being honest? Did you really think this video was going to go viral and you were going to get a call to be on the Jimmy Fallon show along with Ariana Grande?

Reactions: erkme73
I don't doubt that the Mavic can carry that payload. I also believe that it could carry such a payload quite a long way. However, you're not flying a mile out with all that interference in the way and doing a remote landing/takeoff from the ground. If the restaurant were up on a hill LOS, sure, but that wasn't the case here. Forgetting all that, let's just look at the video.

The weather during takeoff and landing are pretty different than the shots in the air and at the restaurant. But hey, weather is crazy. The pile of wood moved at the construction site awful fast. But hey, construction sites are always moving stuff around. The lot at Marshalls sure did fill up fast. But hey, maybe they were having a killer sale! The shopping cart corral filled up quick, that's for sure! The pilot seems to change clothes from 1:51 to 2:30. But hey, gotta look fly for the close-up, right? The yellow paper (envelope?) in the driveway is mysteriously absent from the aerial footage.

0:28 - Open space between black Blazer and mailbox. It's not garbage day.
1:51 - Oh, apparently it is garbage day.
2:23 - It's not garbage day.

There's more, but I think that's enough.

In short, getting continuity right is tough when you film on different days.

Even on his YT channel of the video, some people are saying he's clever, but most also say it's fake as well. I guess that somes it up.

Fake, but cool video. Nice work kid. I wish my 15 year old was as enthusiastic about something besides video games.

I imagine it went something like this, done in any order really:
-@ Home, launch drone, Film drone leaving and going to restaurant, bring drone back home, land @ home.
-@ restaurant with drone, film drone approaching, attaching bag and flying off, bring drone back to restaurant, land @ restaurant.
-@ home, launch drone with bag and film returning to home / landing @ home.

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
Fake, but cool video. Nice work kid. I wish my 15 year old was as enthusiastic about something besides video games.

I imagine it went something like this, done in any order really:
-@ Home, launch drone, Film drone leaving and going to restaurant, bring drone back home, land @ home.
-@ restaurant with drone, film drone approaching, attaching bag and flying off, bring drone back to restaurant, land @ restaurant.
-@ home, launch drone with bag and film returning to home / landing @ home.[/QUOTE

Bet you got it on Page One...Yip smart kid.. having a Laugh.. This Room made his day...lol...

I personally have no problem with what was attempted. I think most of the FAA restrictions for drones this size are BS reactionary responses to unlikely possibilities. That said, when the poster vehemently denies this is fake, and continues to peddle one lie on top of another, any credibility the kid has evaporates. To belive a single sentence from this point on (ie proof on Wed) is to be a willing accomplice in keeping this thread moving... Someone's moral compass need a serious case of calibration, else life will be full of hard knocks and distrustful acquaintances.

Kid, you and your friends (who are sh*tposting with you here) need to grow up quickly and realize the rest of the world isn't quite as stupid and forgiving as you think they are.

Unsubscribing...

Reactions: BD0G
I personally have no problem with what was attempted. I think most of the FAA restrictions for drones this size are BS reactionary responses to unlikely possibilities.

The rules right now apply to not only "drones of this size", but equally to model airplanes, large drones of much more significant weight, etc. The FAA has said that they intend to address some of the provisions (frankly, I'd like differing rules for different classes of UAS, but that's another story). But consider this: How likely are they to relax rules when people are constantly violating them? If, for example, they relax the rules on LOS, how many of the knuckleheads that are violating the existing rules are going to be sending their craft so far out that RTH is inevitable (and we know how many crashes occur during poorly executed RTH at distance), or sending them so high that they (even more so) interfere with commercial aviation and general aviation? In other words, give an inch and they will almost certainly take a mile. If the FAA starts coming to this conclusion based on the desires of some to claim their 15 minutes of fame(/infamy), maybe they will be much less likely to give us more leeway in how we can fly - or will receive substantial pressure from legislators - who have a treasure trove of evidence on Youtube - to deny us same.

OK, this kid should be commended for not living his life on a video game or cell phone and showing some initiative. He should also be condemned for not following rules he damned sure knew.

If you can't see how actions like this - that are, quite frankly, all over this and other forums - can substantially hurt this hobby/industry, then I feel sorry for you and the rest of us.

If the video is indeed fake, he could have produced the entire video obeying the rules, including LOS. Ok, short of the "attach things to it", but that is in principle no different than other people attaching other things, like trackimos, decals and stuff.

Sweet reference. Was this a magic drone? I mean, did you buy it from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?!
into-the-woods-trailer-2.gif

Oh, same poster recently posted youtube video loosing contact with his Mavic at max altitude 1620 feet AGL as it flew into a cloud.

Im waiting for the crashed my Mavic and its rubble video. Should be any day now...

Its a natural progression and I have seen it played out over and over again.

Casey did it, John Hicks did it, etc ,etc...

Reactions: jointeffort
I personally have no problem with what was attempted. I think most of the FAA restrictions for drones this size are BS reactionary responses to unlikely possibilities. That said, when the poster vehemently denies this is fake, and continues to peddle one lie on top of another, any credibility the kid has evaporates. To belive a single sentence from this point on (ie proof on Wed) is to be a willing accomplice in keeping this thread moving... Someone's moral compass need a serious case of calibration, else life will be full of hard knocks and distrustful acquaintances.

Kid, you and your friends (who are sh*tposting with you here) need to grow up quickly and realize the rest of the world isn't quite as stupid and forgiving as you think they are.

Unsubscribing...

Awww. Come back @erkme73 ! This thread is much more entertaining with your viewpoint!

Love the drone reference with compass and calibration!

Lets see this one through just for the ***** and giggles.

I don't doubt that the Mavic can carry that payload. I also believe that it could carry such a payload quite a long way. However, you're not flying a mile out with all that interference in the way and doing a remote landing/takeoff from the ground. If the restaurant were up on a hill LOS, sure, but that wasn't the case here. Forgetting all that, let's just look at the video.

The weather during takeoff and landing are pretty different than the shots in the air and at the restaurant. But hey, weather is crazy. The pile of wood moved at the construction site awful fast. But hey, construction sites are always moving stuff around. The lot at Marshalls sure did fill up fast. But hey, maybe they were having a killer sale! The shopping cart corral filled up quick, that's for sure! The pilot seems to change clothes from 1:51 to 2:30. But hey, gotta look fly for the close-up, right? The yellow paper (envelope?) in the driveway is mysteriously absent from the aerial footage.

0:28 - Open space between black Blazer and mailbox. It's not garbage day.
1:51 - Oh, apparently it is garbage day.
2:23 - It's not garbage day.

There's more, but I think that's enough.

In short, getting continuity right is tough when you film on different days.

Yikes he edited out 1:51. Now the video and sound Jerks at that point due to the fast editing.

I like the 1:15 mark were he says
"Camera died at this point and while WE WERE figuring out how to put the bag onto the drone we got enough charge"
Hmm who is filming and the "We Were" I thought the guy was at home waiting for lunch.

The mavic can hold around 2 pounds, the bag of food was around 1 pound. I (the pilot) was flying from my house the entire time. I had friends with cameras down their at the store waiting.
*changes we made*
We taped the top of the bag up because the wind kept ripping the bag, we also had a rope holding it about a foot down so we don't have any problems with the bag hitting drone.
I also spead up some of the clips so the video was not dragged out.
I got a kick out of it.

Yea it would have been entertaining even if they had admitted it was fake. But I guess they wanted to troll us. :p

Yikes he edited out 1:51. Now the video and sound Jerks at that point due to the fast editing.

I like the 1:15 mark were he says
"Camera died at this point and while WE WERE figuring out how to put the bag onto the drone we got enough charge"
Hmm who is filming and the "We Were" I thought the guy was at home waiting for lunch.

You can still see garbage cans out on the way back. And how did they get enough charge? This kid is patently dishonest and thinks everyone is stupid. They know the video looks fake as heck, hence the survey poll. Likely the only people that voted that it is real are friends of the poster. Anyway, it will be on the internet forever how Winston is lying.

Winston, how are you going to ever get a date with this fake azz video on the internet?

Last edited:
You can still see garbage cans out on the way back. And how did they get enough charge? This kid is patently dishonest and thinks everyone is stupid. They know the video looks fake as heck, hence the survey poll. Likely the only people that voted that it is real are friends of the poster. Anyway, it will be on the internet forever how Winston is lying.

Winston, how are you going to ever get a date with this fake azz video on the internet?

The personal attacks of this 18 year old are very telling.

Reactions: Mavic Dan
Oh, same poster recently posted youtube video loosing contact with his Mavic at max altitude 1620 feet AGL as it flew into a cloud.

Im waiting for the crashed my Mavic and its rubble video. Should be any day now...

Its a natural progression and I have seen it played out over and over again.

Casey did it, John Hicks did it, etc ,etc...

Lmfao! Teach this kid to spell. And not lie. But mostly spell.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3