DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

pickpocket

Gary cato

Reactions
i was flying yesterday when a man and woman walk past, the man comes close and drops a bottle next to me where i am sitting on a bench. the woman walks past the man then walks away. but i am in tripod mode panning upwards from myself. i am watching the drone of course.

later when i play back the video, as the man walks away the woman swings round behind me and is trying to get inside my pocket. (i never carry a thing when i am flying anyway). unluckily the footage only shows them from above and at an altitude where you cant quite make them out.

i do remember them though and i will take a walk round that park again. Just to go have a wee chat maybe.

just one more thing to concentrate on instead of the drone.

i was flying yesterday when a man and woman walk past, the man comes close and drops a bottle next to me where i am sitting on a bench. the woman walks past the man then walks away. but i am in tripod mode panning upwards from myself. i am watching the drone of course.

later when i play back the video, as the man walks away the woman swings round behind me and is trying to get inside my pocket. (i never carry a thing when i am flying anyway). unluckily the footage only shows them from above and at an altitude where you cant quite make them out.

i do remember them though and i will take a walk round that park again. Just to go have a wee chat maybe.

Do you have the footage?

Do you have the footage?
yes

POST that thing!

I live in the woods. People here are generally good. While flying an abandoned air strip last week, a guy pulled up next to my car, and started looking inside. He then swiveled his head to see if anyone was around. He saw me staring at him through the brush from about 100 feet away. While I got lucky, as he took off after seeing me, I always carry pepper spray with me. I don't need to kill anyone here. I just need to buy myself enough time to get into my car and leave.

Glad they didn't get anything from you.

To YouTube, and link here.

I live in the woods. People here are generally good. While flying an abandoned air strip last week, a guy pulled up next to my car, and started looking inside. He then swiveled his head to see if anyone was around. He saw me staring at him through the brush from about 100 feet away. While I got lucky, as he took off after seeing me, I always carry pepper spray with me. I don't need to kill anyone here. I just need to buy myself enough time to get into my car and leave.

Glad they didn't get anything from you.
Honestly they would have to kill me to get anything from me, i just generally never keep anything of value on me (although they would have been better going for the watch lol).i was caught unawares but as soon as i thought something is not right as you do i stood up and moved forwards and away for distance. After a life of being a touch naughty battering them would not be a problem. Like i say i mayjust take a walk to that park to fly a bit more and hope we meet again.

ok but am off to Thailand tomorrow so wont have time but if you remember to remind me next week i will sort it out, i dont have a you tube account :)
Sounds good. Safe trip!

How bloody obvious we're they being. Bit weird the bloke putting a bottle down, surprised you didn't have a word for littering!!

The bloody cheek of some people is unbelievable. Personally I try to fly where there is no one else around, although that often means missing out on some good footage.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Did she even say a word? That would seem so awkward if someone were that close in an open area. I'd probably get a nervous spell.....like "Nervous Spell I'm going to hit you!"......SMACK.

Glad it was just a close encounter and not an abduction Sir!

Reactions: javester
How did you allow that to happen? I would've eye balled the heck out of the guy first and definitely said something to the woman second. Just all around shady. I once broke a guys wrist in town for "reaching" into my coat pocket. Cops showed up and deemed it was absolutly justifyable. 3 foot rule less than that you're in my air space haha

Reactions: GreatScott
How did you allow that to happen? I would've eye balled the heck out of the guy first and definitely said something to the woman second. Just all around shady. I once broke a guys wrist in town for "reaching" into my coat pocket. Cops showed up and deemed it was absolutly justifyable. 3 foot rule less than that you're in my air space haha
Allow it to happen no. certainly it did not help that i had my eyes on the drone at that time. As for breaking bones i have broke more than i can remember after 20 years in MMA etc and teaching for 18, i am no beginner to violence. it just did not register at the time i will be completely honest. One off the drawbacks of not being confident in my flying yet is my attention was fully absorbed on the drone. It was only when i played back the footage i realised exactly what was going on.

Had i realised they both would not be awake this morning. Although i can still laugh, as like i say i have many friends who will happily come for a walk anytime in that park and second i can laugh as they are more dumb *** than me coz they missed the 12 grand rolex.

it aint finished yet as far as i am concerned

Allow it to happen no. certainly it did not help that i had my eyes on the drone at that time. As for breaking bones i have broke more than i can remember after 20 years in MMA etc and teaching for 18, i am no beginner to violence. it just did not register at the time i will be completely honest. One off the drawbacks of not being confident in my flying yet is my attention was fully absorbed on the drone. It was only when i played back the footage i realised exactly what was going on.

Had i realised they both would not be awake this morning. Although i can still laugh, as like i say i have many friends who will happily come for a walk anytime in that park and second i can laugh as they are more dumb *** than me coz they missed the 12 grand rolex.

it aint finished yet as far as i am concerned

Be sure to let us know how the story concludes!!! *Grabs Popcorn*

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian