DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pirin Mountains, Bulgaria. First edit with the Mavic

whipp3dcream

Reactions
I wasn't sure I'd receive my Mavic in time for my recent snowboarding trip to Bansko, Bulgaria, but luckily it arrived a couple of weeks before which gave me chance to get to grips with the controls and settings. I just wanted to get some nice shots of the mountains rather than any tracking shots of skiing/snowboarding as I wouldn't fly the drone over other people, especially with so little flight experience. Unfortunately drones are banned in the Bansko ski area so I wasn't able to get the shots I'd hoped for away from the ski area at the Todorka summit, but it was more relaxed at the smaller Bezbog resort so I was able to fly around the peak there.

Overall I was super impressed by how the Mavic performed, flying at altitudes 1000-2700m a.s.l. and in sub-zero temperatures, I was still getting 20-24 minutes flight time on each battery. I went with the general consensus of shooting in Art profile -1 -3 -3, and was really pleased with how the footage held up to grading in DaVinci Resolve. I'm disappointed with the watercolour effect in some areas of some shots due to the lowly 4k data rate but other shots with lots of detail hold up surprisingly well.

Any comments welcome, thanks for looking :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S