DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pitch, yaw and rudder

greymonkey

Reactions
Ok, so I know what each control stick and direction to control my aircraft, but which is pitch, yaw and rudder? I want to be able to adjust the sensitivity but not sure which is which, thanks pilots!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

So is 'rudder' spinning around left and right?
And how is throttle up different to forward?

b5499fd6f71db956aaf4f17c74952a94.jpg

How is going up different to going forward? Really? You sure this hobby is for you..?

I think you should probably do a little homework before you even turn your Mavic on, with the greatest respect..

I didn't say going up, throttle up implies more speed so does going forward, and this is me doing my homework, so your saying throttle up means ascending?

Yes, with the Mavic (and any DJI aircraft that are not in "manual" mode) your "throttle" stick does not control throttle at all, it controls vertical speed. All axes are decoupled.

Reactions: greymonkey
I didn't mean to come across hostile but you'll find people much more willing to give help when you've made a bit of effort yourself to find an answer to something which in this case it didn't appear that you had.. :)

Reactions: greymonkey
I'm not from an aviation background and this is my first venture and I didn't understand the different meaning to 'throttle' in rotary aircraft. In Kilrah 's answer he taught me where to go to find out more and since then I understand. Why do your statements always seem to end with a negative on a forum, with, I guess more novice pilots than experienced. I don't think you speak for everyone in what you believe.

@greymonkey. It's just that with a nice, technically advanced drone like the Mavic (not a toy), one would expect or hope that basic working knowledge and terminology would be understood. It's kind of like walking in to buy a sports car and asking the salesman how to change gears. I, personally would do some google searching to get some basic knowledge first so that when I need help from experienced users, I won't embarrass myself with not well thought out questions.
My answer to you would be to read your manual and then google any of the terminology you don't understand. Enjoy learning, then enjoy flying!

Reactions: Kilrah
Well I have read the manual as I had long enough to wait for my Mavic, and I researched a lot before I nervously took it out for the first time. I've not had any bad experience in flying because I have learned from this forum and yes some questions may seem basic and embarrassing to you (if you know the answer)
We all learn in different ways, check out my posts, that's my style.
I just don't think we should filter out questions because it frustrates others unless we create a sub forum for us newbs.

@greymonkey: I have no problem with you doing your research here :eek:... Assuming your controller is set to Mode 2, Pitch is right stick forwards and backwards - pitching the craft forwards and backwards. Roll (not rutter on a copter) is right stick left and right, rolling the craft from side to side. Yaw is left stick left and right, spinning the craft on its axis. To get this down, practice a figure 8. You'll find that you have to yaw and roll simultaneously with a touch of additional throttle - at times. It's a good exercise for learning. Hope that helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803