DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Planes flying above you

Ebruce

Reactions
Not sure if this will help anyone or for that matter interest them. If you are using an iOS device you can use Siri to get an idea of how high planes are flying above you at the current time. I happen to be within the flight pattern of planes landing at the airport about 9 miles away from me. Just "long press" to activate Siri and ask "what planes are flying above me"-- takes a few seconds but gives some good info!
Just thought I would share if this was not covered at this point ..

SAFE FLYING ALL-

Not sure if this will help anyone or for that matter interest them. If you are using an iOS device you can use Siri to get an idea of how high planes are flying above you at the current time. I happen to be within the flight pattern of planes landing at the airport about 9 miles away from me. Just "long press" to activate Siri and ask "what planes are flying above me"-- takes a few seconds but gives some good info!

SAFE FLYING ALL-
Cool :)
IMG_8753.PNG

Reactions: Ebruce
That's awesome! the only hard part for me, is I don't think this shows civilian planes and tour helicopters and such... thats what I would be most worried about interfering with...
Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: JHSlayer
+1 for FlightRadar24. It gives a good representation of what is happening around you in the air. And for anywhere else in the world. It does not track some of the helos that pass through occasionally. Likely military flights, but I can usually hear them well ahead of entering my area of concern.

SAFE FLYING ALL-
That;s pretty sweet. Had no idea.

Reactions: Ebruce
That's awesome! the only hard part for me, is I don't think this shows civilian planes and tour helicopters and such... thats what I would be most worried about interfering with...
Thanks for the heads up!

I've seen civilian planes on both the Siri response and the Flightradar24 app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke