DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"planned obsolescence" for the Mavic

PaoloOne

Reactions
Since the release of the Spark and after DJI Go 4.0.7 an FW .700 I don't see any more advantages in upgrading, actually the 4.1.0 brought a lot of app crashes on my Android devices and I have then downgraded.
I have the feeling that the Mavic is not anymore the focus for optimizing something in the software, new features are added for the newcomers but this makes the apps just heavier and less optimized for our beloved bird.
Is the Mavic for DJI already an old product? I think it is time to stop upgrading!

Reactions: Urx and wayy510
Since the release of the Spark and after DJI Go 4.0.7 an FW .700 I don't see any more advantages in upgrading, actually the 4.1.0 brought a lot of app crashes on my Android devices and I have then downgraded.
I have the feeling that the Mavic is not anymore the focus for optimizing something in the software, new features are added for the newcomers but this makes the apps just heavier and less optimized for our beloved bird.
Is the Mavic for DJI already an old product? I think it is time to stop upgrading!
Not true, They've did updates for the Phantom 4 since the Mavic has been out so why would they stop since the spark came out.

Reactions: Flycaster
I would tend to agree that using the same app for all devices is going to bloat it. Though I suspect that almost all of the app is used across all platforms. What this also means is if something if "fixed" in the Go app for something like the Spark, that "fix" would also apply to the Mavic of P4.

I agree completely that the Android Go app is crashing WAY too often right now and there has been no indication from DJI that this is being addressed.

I would tend to agree that using the same app for all devices is going to bloat it. Though I suspect that almost all of the app is used across all platforms. What this also means is if something if "fixed" in the Go app for something like the Spark, that "fix" would also apply to the Mavic of P4.

I agree completely that the Android Go app is crashing WAY too often right now and there has been no indication from DJI that this is being addressed.
Well the changes for the Phantom or the Inspire will likely affect nothing on the Mavic since the P4 as the Inspire uses lightbridge that is hardware based, the problem is clearly the Ocusync decoder that crashes. I think that the Spark integration has affected in a negative way the Mavic integration since shares this delicate and processor heavy balance of a purely software based encoding-decoding task.
This explains to me why 4.0.7 is more stable for the Mavic, I assume is a "Short bed sheet" story. Pulling on the Spark side it shortens the Mavic one.

Actually I am partially wrong, the Spark does not use Ocusync but still a software based decoding, which still will bloath even more the DJI Go app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys