DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Playa del Carmen, Mexico MP fly by

Have some nice views there. A shorter edited version of the best views would be better and more viewable without having to "scrub" through it.
Curious tho, do you know of any flight restrictions or rules down there in MX? Picking mine up soon and wanted to take it along to Cancun.

Thanks TLO. Yeah definitely need to set myself up to edit those videos. Any software suggestion on Mac? Mexico is pretty open on rules especially on non urban areas (and of course airports and co). I recommend pulling Airmap and checking. However when flying over or near a resort they are pretty strict. I had to sign something with this one for example.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MavicPilots mobile app

Thanks TLO. Yeah definitely need to set myself up to edit those videos. Any software suggestion on Mac? Mexico is pretty open on rules especially on non urban areas (and of course airports and co). I recommend pulling Airmap and checking. However when flying over or near a resort they are pretty strict. I had to sign something with this one for example.

By Airmap do you mean confirming distance from airport?
Also wondering: do you have wifi away from your resort sufficient to track on the map in the DJI app?
What did you need to sign?
We'll be at the hotel zone in Cancun.

No I literally meant using the app Airmap available on both iOS and Android. I use T-Mobile so data is free in Mexico, didn't need wifi (although it was probably available). The hotel on the video made me sign a 2 pager assuring I knew how to fly the drone, agreeing that it is not their fault if it breaks etc. They had that contract already printed up so I'm guessing it's pretty common for them to get the request. Once I was in the air, a security guard came to ask me to see the paperwork, he was definitely on top of it.

No I literally meant using the app Airmap available on both iOS and Android. I use T-Mobile so data is free in Mexico, didn't need wifi (although it was probably available). The hotel on the video made me sign a 2 pager assuring I knew how to fly the drone, agreeing that it is not their fault if it breaks etc. They had that contract already printed up so I'm guessing it's pretty common for them to get the request. Once I was in the air, a security guard came to ask me to see the paperwork, he was definitely on top of it.

Was your hotel paradisus by chance? I am about to go there and was going to see if I should check about flying with the staff or just go out in the early morning and tell no one

Have some nice views there. A shorter edited version of the best views would be better and more viewable without having to "scrub" through it.
Curious tho, do you know of any flight restrictions or rules down there in MX? Picking mine up soon and wanted to take it along to Cancun.

I like to stay in a resort a bit south of PDC and I contacted them ahead of time regarding bringing my drone. They encouraged me to bring it and I offered them shots of their facility to use as they wished. When the winds allowed I flew it as often as possible and had no issues with anyone. Had no issues through customs in Mexico and found the most trouble I had was in the US where I had to educate the airline employees on their own rules regarding drones in checked luggage, batteries in carry on, etc.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580