DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please enlighten us nonphotographer/videographers.

frankiez

Reactions
Could some of you semi professional videographers please help us newbies understand exactly what is needed and how we can enjoy the 4k videos our Mavic/P4P can take?

For me to be able to film in 4k, I realize that my MP needs to be set up to film in 4k. Do I need a special pc to download and view? How about editing software? My Galaxy Note 4 or Ipad mini4 seems to take pretty clear vids but I know they are nowhere near 4k and pry cant even play in 4k. What good is 4k if my pc cant play it or my tv isnt a 4k tv?

I realize there are many different factors determining how my vids will look, whether on my tablet, pc, tv or smartphone. Im just trying to understand the process, cuz although, my friends will comment and say "wow looks great", I know they can be even better. Its almost like the analogy, that Im driving a Lamborghini but I am always driving it 45 mph.

sent from my Galaxy Note4

What good is 4k if my pc cant play it or my tv isnt a 4k tv?

Film in 4K for the Future. I'm in the same boat. I've had to upgrade to the fastest most-memory desktop PC I could afford ($1500-2500) so I can reliably view and edit 4K. The difference in quality between 1080p and 4K is worth it. Eventually 4K will be the norm and you might kick yourself in 5 years when you look back at your 1080p videos.

Reactions: frankiez
Also in 4K,...should you want to zoom in,....video will look less pixelated.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: frankiez
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N