DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please indulge me with a couple questions

saudio

Reactions
That I'm sure have been answered many times here already. I just got my Mavic today and I don't want to search :)

1. Do I need to put the gimble guard on whenever I transport the Mavic? Or only when shipping or on long trips?
2. I had a P3A. Do I need to store Mavic batteries at half charge also, or has that changed?
3. Fly with or without the plastic camera cover?
4. I remember reading that the control sticks on the remote can be fragile. Has that been fixed? Do I need to remove the sticks when I transport the remote in the case?
5. I read that the P4 charger is the same connection and charges the mavic battery faster. True?
6. Any problems with the latest firmware?
7. Will the DJI care cover fly aways if I can't find the Mavic? Or if it sinks to the bottom of the ocean? :)

More to come and I'll post my impressions once I fly it. I've been without a bird for 10 weeks because I Ebayed my P3A as soon as I ordered the Mavic. Big mistake. Missed the entire Fall season.

Thanks folks.

Reactions: WestyinWC
Just curious, but have you tried to search the forum to answer any of your questions? Not trying to be a forum bully, but I know there have been posts about several of your questions and just think you should try to research some of the questions first and then if there are some that you just are not sure about, repost them.

1. It's always good to keep it on when traveling. The gimble is probably the most fragile part on your mavic and you don't want to damage it. But I have read that many people keep it off and don't have any problems. I wouldn't try out my luck. It's your decision to make.

2. According to the manual you should keep battery between 30 and 60% when storing them. Depending on your settings a battery will discharge automatically after 10 days of not using it.

3. If you want to capture clear videos fly without it. If you are racing and flying for fun, keep it on to protect it if you hit a wall.

4. I recommend protecting them with guards. (Seen some on this forum) At the moment I put my RC into the provided Mavic bag and make sure the controls don't touch the side so the bag, staying in default position.

6. Today I flew 45min with the latest firmware and didn't notice any problems. Totally happy.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: jointeffort
That I'm sure have been answered many times here already. I just got my Mavic today and I don't want to search :)

1. Do I need to put the gimble guard on whenever I transport the Mavic? Or only when shipping or on long trips?
2. I had a P3A. Do I need to store Mavic batteries at half charge also, or has that changed?
3. Fly with or without the plastic camera cover?
4. I remember reading that the control sticks on the remote can be fragile. Has that been fixed? Do I need to remove the sticks when I transport the remote in the case?
5. I read that the P4 charger is the same connection and charges the mavic battery faster. True?
6. Any problems with the latest firmware?
7. Will the DJI care cover fly aways if I can't find the Mavic? Or if it sinks to the bottom of the ocean? :)

More to come and I'll post my impressions once I fly it. I've been without a bird for 10 weeks because I Ebayed my P3A as soon as I ordered the Mavic. Big mistake. Missed the entire Fall season.

Thanks folks.

1. I would (and do)
2. No
3. Without
4. No
5. No
6. No
7. No

I read that the P4 charger is the same connection and charges the mavic battery faster. True?
Yes. But, it requires that you use it along with the advanced battery charging hub. DJI has not released that hub yet.

Will the DJI care cover fly aways if I can't find the Mavic? Or if it sinks to the bottom of the ocean?
No, but the DJI warranty will cover a lost aircraft if DJI finds it was lost due to a malfunction.

Hey thanks everyone so much. Just trying to get from point a to b as fast as possible so I can fly this thing. I had the partial green screen on startup but I searched here and found the solution. Hope to fly tomorrow if the wind dies down.

Cheers

Reactions: FPVJunkie
Well done! Hope the maiden goes smooth for you. I'd recommend putting around with the gimbal cover on for the first couple flights, that seems to be the most fragile part of the bird. Good luck!

Reactions: jointeffort
First flight this morning. Incredibly impressed. My old bird was a P3A and I can't find anything I like better about the old drone. Landing is a bit odd, having to pull the stick all the way down to make it descend the last couple feet. I can't find the setting to turn the downward facing sensors off. Battery life seems better than the P3A. The speed seems slower than the P3A unless you are in sport mode. Wish it wasn't freezing outside so I could fly more!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair