DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please say there's no new Mavic Pro on the horizon!!

Londroner

Reactions
I'm close to buying a Mavic Pro but have a terrible track record with tech gear. Usually when I invest hard-earned money in a device a new and better one comes out a short time later. So, just the make sure, are there any rumours of a Mavic Pro 2 or whatever on the way? I hope not.

I know DJI have just released the Spark, let's hope that's their last new launch for a while. :)

You can be certain there is a new better one around the corner. I have not heard any official statements of such, but we all know it's coming, just a matter of when. My guess would be near the end of this year at the soonest, more likely middle of next year.

Reactions: Londroner
Rest assured that something else is coming from then. I agree with kenwae above... holiday season 2017 or mid 2018 seems most likely. You'll start hearing rumors in advance.

Reactions: Jerry and Londroner
The good thing is, that you definitely get what you are buying.
If you buy a Mavic today it will still be the same Mavic and have the same capabilities tomorrow.

Or if you wait a little longer for the rumors to start flying, you'll see the current one go on sale shortly there after.

Reactions: Mykeyz2
I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Products go from being hard to get, where everyone is champing on the bit on the pre-buy list to, gee whiz it's being replaced by something hotter and better. The Mavic is a great bird, and enough of a quantum leap that it will be good for years to come. You will be limited by your ability to understand it and use it skillfully, more so than by the features.

But yeah, 8k FPV stereo video at 120fps is just around the corner, LOL.

I would not hesitate to buy another one.

Products go from being hard to get, where everyone is champing on the bit on the pre-buy list to, gee whiz it's being replaced by something hotter and better. The Mavic is a great bird, and enough of a quantum leap that it will be good for years to come. You will be limited by your ability to understand it and use it skillfully, more so than by the features.

But yeah, 8k FPV stereo video at 120fps is just around the corner, LOL.
Thanks. Guess that's what you call a classic case of giving with one hand and taking away with the other. :)

I'm close to buying a Mavic Pro but have a terrible track record with tech gear. Usually when I invest hard-earned money in a device a new and better one comes out a short time later. So, just the make sure, are there any rumours of a Mavic Pro 2 or whatever on the way? I hope not.

I know DJI have just released the Spark, let's hope that's their last new launch for a while. :)

OK, there's no new Mavic Pro on the horizon.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?

Just my 2 cents. I suspect that rumors will start of a Mavic 2 in September. The first ones will probably be in a few peoples hands in November and the general public will probably not be able to get one until January-March.

I don't expect the Mav2 to be a quantum leap forward.
A better camera for sure and they will most likely change the Gimbal design because the current one is a bit fragile. Also rear avoidance sensors is probably on the agenda and slightly better battery life.

If that seems like a short time to you and your willing to deal with firmware that will incorporate much more restrictions and tighter security then wait it out. Personally I would jump on the Mavic now rather than wait, but that's just me.

Rob

We haven't even seen the deliberately leaked enigmatic prototype shots yet so months before anyone actually gets a new improved version.
The only thing with much room for improvement is the camera, and it's not bad as it is.
What's annoying is there'll be changes to battery and lens design, so you have to buy accessories again too.

...if you opt to change the firmware you might win some new and/or loose some of those functions you got it with...

Soarmax had it right. There is no new Mavic Pro on the horizon.

If there is a new mavic I think it would be a mid range one, like a mavic advance.

Please please please remember to factor in the DJI formula for a product launch. Even if they held one of their fancy product launch events tomorrow and a snazzy mavic 2 was presented to the world by an 18 year old ex apple/ google CEO, you would still be waiting 8 months to a year to get it in your hand. so fear not. Go buy a Mavic Pro(totype) today and enjoy it

Reactions: geigy and Londroner
I never understand why people feel their toys degraded just because a new toy comes around. The Mavic is not getting 1 bit worse because of a new Mavic.
If it does "it" for you now then it will do "it" then as well.
If its lacking for you then you should be all happy about a new Mavic that fills that gap.

?!?!
Ender

Reactions: geigy
Please please please remember to factor in the DJI formula for a product launch. Even if they held one of their fancy product launch events tomorrow and a snazzy mavic 2 was presented to the world by an 18 year old ex apple/ google CEO, you would still be waiting 8 months to a year to get it in your hand. so fear not. Go buy a Mavic Pro(totype) today and enjoy it

Do you believe the Mavic pro is a prototype and we are testing it?

Mine is great can not think of anything on it that I would called prototype.

Do you believe the Mavic pro is a prototype and we are testing it?

Mine is great can not think of anything on it that I would called prototype.
In that respect all current hardware with more then 10 Transistors and all Software with more then 100 lines of code ist a prototype as *no* company invests the amount of money that would be needed for testing to be serious about having a "finished product".

So YES, Mavic is a prototype :p

ENder

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian