DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please say there's no new Mavic Pro on the horizon!!

The only reason I think it's not happening yet is that mavic literally has no real competition (hence DJI charging out the arse for it). The karma is a friggin joke by comparison, looks s more like a flying boat anchor.

They simply have no reason to update and just milk the current model as long as they can. If they did release one, id buy it

Reactions: Steve Langford
I'm sure there will be one but probably not until they sell all the old ones at Christmas. Just makes economic sense to do it that way. I'm sure the only difference the 2 will have will be the camera upgrade. Which will make the mavic the best in the world.

I'm close to buying a Mavic Pro but have a terrible track record with tech gear. Usually when I invest hard-earned money in a device a new and better one comes out a short time later. So, just the make sure, are there any rumours of a Mavic Pro 2 or whatever on the way? I hope not.

I know DJI have just released the Spark, let's hope that's their last new launch for a while. :)

Here's an idea for the next gen Mavic: Take the Spark, put on folding arms and then all the other improvements we've discussed in this thread (and others).
I'd love that. Spark sized body, with folding arms, with all the current Mavic capabilities, plus better camera, plus all the gesture functions available with the Spark. And a 40 minute battery life (sure we want more, but let's take small steps).

You should just get a Mavic now. Just think of all the fun you could be having right now. Or you can wait for new one and miss hours upon hours of priceless fun.

Reactions: jamesw
The only reason I think it's not happening yet is that mavic literally has no real competition (hence DJI charging out the arse for it). The karma is a friggin joke by comparison, looks s more like a flying boat anchor.
As a newcomer to the drone scene I'm naturally aware of DJIs models and GoPro's Karma but what are the other main competitors out there? Has DJI that much of an unassailable lead?

Of course there is a new one coming

1. It will have sensors on all sides
2. Smart rth
3. Much smarter gesture control
4. Zoom 3x
5. Maybe slightly smaller or identical build
6. Announcement in Sept or Oct
7. Available for the holidays
8. I would bet a new version of he goggles (half the size) is likely going to happen too.

This is all clear from how DJI times their announcements and how they add features.

I'd love that. Spark sized body, with folding arms, with all the current Mavic capabilities, plus better camera, plus all the gesture functions available with the Spark. And a 40 minute battery life (sure we want more, but let's take small steps).
40min battery is a fantasy, but the rest of it is all doable.

If there is a new mavic I think it would be a mid range one, like a mavic advance.

Nah, can't see that. I predict DJI will lower the price of the current M1 to $699 and launch a new M2 at the $999 price point with an upgraded camera and a few other niceties. Makes no sense to launch another mid-range model when all the M1 tooling and R&D is paid for.

I'm close to buying a Mavic Pro but have a terrible track record with tech gear. Usually when I invest hard-earned money in a device a new and better one comes out a short time later. So, just the make sure, are there any rumours of a Mavic Pro 2 or whatever on the way? I hope not.

I know DJI have just released the Spark, let's hope that's their last new launch for a while. :)
I'm saying it.
Please say there's no new Mavic Pro on the horizon!!
There's no new Mavic Pro on the horizon!

Feel better?

Reactions: Londroner
As a newcomer to the drone scene I'm naturally aware of DJIs models and GoPro's Karma but what are the other main competitors out there? Has DJI that much of an unassailable lead?
even the Karma is not a competitor.
Think about it, if you wanted the latest and greatest back then you would have bought the Karma, and had to send it back, only to buy a Mavic from the very first production batch, getting all the toothing aches for months with almost weekly firmware updates, horror stories from first timers etc.

Get a grownup Mavic now and you won't be sorry. Riding the commodity wave is the best thing to do. Don't buy at the beginning of the wave but somewhere in the middle. It's a lot more comfortable to have a wealth of information and best practises from the earlier adopters.

If you ask yourself, "does the current Mavic do everything that I need it to do and I'm satisfied with the value that I paid for it?" and the answer is "Yes," then you should absolutely not hesitate to buy it. If there are a couple of features that you really need that are missing from the current Mavic, and you feel that you are settling on your Mavic purchase, then you should consider waiting for a new Mavic.

As others have said, there's no Mavic 2 release imminent, so base it on how the current feature set satisfies your needs.

The day that you stop having to have the latest and greatest drone/phone/tablet is the day you realise, well you just realise stuff.

Wise beyond years.

We must never forget that waste is a cornerstone of consumerism. What happens to the old machine that gave you many, many hours of delight and joy? Eventually, maybe not by your hands directly, it ends up in the landfill, with the LiPo batteries and everything else you depended on for the time you enjoyed it until it no longer thrilled you.

Wise beyond years.

We must never forget that waste is a cornerstone of consumerism. What happens to the old machine that gave you many, many hours of delight and joy? Eventually, maybe not by your hands directly, it ends up in the landfill, with the LiPo batteries and everything else you depended on for the time you enjoyed it until it no longer thrilled you.
Or you can dispose of it carefully and responsibly in accordance with the best advice available at the time. ;)

If they do, I'm almost sure it would be one with a better camera. I mean, at it's present price range...what else is there to improve on the Mavic Pro?

A lot of things. Did you even read the rest of this thread? There are a lot of pretty cool suggestions.

Oh, come ON! I don't think that's really important. I own a Mavic (aside from other models before that) and this is what I reallty would want it to have....and I really don't mind paying more for that. Really!

Oh, come ON! I don't think that's really important. I own a Mavic (aside from other models before that) and this is what I reallty would want it to have....and I really don't mind paying more for that. Really!
I don't think it's that important either. But like with everything else in life, it's all about incremental improvements.
Like how they keep coming out with new iPhones or new Samsung Galaxy phones. With slightly smaller bezel, slightly better camera, blah, blah, blah.

That's why it's called a Wish List. And I think many of the suggestions are very doable and very realistic, and we will see many of them in the next iteration.

I don't think it's that important either. But like with everything else in life, it's all about incremental improvements.
Like how they keep coming out with new iPhones or new Samsung Galaxy phones. With slightly smaller bezel, slightly better camera, blah, blah, blah.

That's why it's called a Wish List. And I think many of the suggestions are very doable and very realistic, and we will see many of them in the next iteration.

As a serious amateur photographer, I consider the camera quality of utmost importance...aside of course for the MP's portability. The 6km flight distance and all those other flight mode features are just icing and cherries on the cake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143