DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Point of Interest

Explorer

Reactions
I am thought that point of interest would automatically lock onto the POI and always keep it in the center of the frame. I believe Mavic goes around the POI, but it is not in the center of the frame. I thought it was an issue with my iPad 4 Mini, so I tried it will my iPhone, but no difference. Just wondering if anyone can kindly clear this up for me. Thank you.

I've noticed a similar thing. Fly above the object and select it, then fly away to the desired perimeter and start. The Mavic does a pretty good job but the center point is not always right in the middle.

Let's say you want a POI of a Lighthouse, first fly till you are exactly over the centre top of the Lighthouse. Set that as the centre reference. Next reposition the Mavic to the desired perimeter of your orbit circle and accept that, finally chose speed and direction of rotation around the Lighthouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: VortexSpin
The Mavic does a pretty good job but the center point is not always right in the middle.
I found the same thing. It does a better job than I can do manually, but it's never 100% dead center.

Let's say you want a POI of a Lighthouse, first till you are exactly over the centre top of the Lighthouse. Set that as the centre reference. Next reposition the Mavic to the desired perimeter of your orbit circle and accept that, finally chose speed and direction of rotation around the Lighthouse.

I think thats the answer. You have to be directly over it and look down. Then mark it as POI. I will try this and see how it goes. Up until now, it flies in a circle, but looks around, like it is in la la land.

I think thats the answer. You have to be directly over it and look down. Then mark it as POI. I will try this and see how it goes. Up until now, it flies in a circle, but looks around, like it is in la la land.

Yes. That is EXACTLY what you must do. If you are not the zenith of what you want to encircle when you first select your POI, then it will not be the center of the view.

Reactions: scooot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf