DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro and Amazon. No No No

CaptTPT

Reactions
Wanted Polar Pro filters in Dec. Not available at PP so ordered on Jan 1 at Amazon. $79 for 6 pk cinema series. No delivery. No delivery. No delivery. After several phone calls still no word on when order available. Finally irritated and canceled order March 23. Then went to Amazon Prime again that day where they garenteeded delivery in 2 days for $100. Ordered March 23 and received old style out of date filters March 24. Really pissed off at Amazon. Don't order there!!!!

Then went to Amazon Prime again that day where they garenteeded delivery in 2 days for $100. Ordered March 23 and received old style out of date filters March 24.
Which filters did you order? What did you receive instead?

PolarPro only released one version of the Cinema series. What makes you think you have an old version?

I'd add that I had bought the Polar Pro Cinema Vivid series when they first came out.
Unfortunately I had constant gimbal startup errors and hangups.
I ended up returning them to Polar Pro and buying the DJI ND filters.
After trying the DJI filters, I was disappointed with the video results and found I really missed the polarization of the Polar Pros.
(I also use their polarized ND filters with my Phantom 3).
So I went ahead and again purchased the Polar Pro Cinema Vivid series after talking with Jeff at Polar Pro.
This new set does seem different, at least now I get zero errors and no gimbal hangups on startup, (unlike the previous set of PP filters).
I am very happy with the current set of Polar Pro ND filters.

Reactions: Bad Drone
The cinema series does not have a black body. Are you sure you ordered/received the correct filters?

Looks like I made a mistake. Duh! Did not realize PP made 2 different 6 pack series. On PP site they now have 6 pack professional and 6 pack cinema. Not sure what the actual difference is. Assume the cinema series are higher quality but can't tell from the site. Looking for the highest quality item available.

There's a few threads on here with Jeff from Polar Pro specifically stating do NOT but their filters from Amazon. PP does not do business through Amazon, so no orders would be fulfilled. Amazon won't take their filters off their site for some reason.
The Cinema series filters can be left on during MP initialization, the Professional series will cause gimbal errors on start up and must be put on after initialization.

I purchased my Polar Pro Cinema Vivid series from Amazon on March 10, 2017.
These filters work great and do not hit the gimbal arm on startup as did the first set I had purchased (and returned) back in January 2017.

So it's a little confusing and misleading. Maybe Jeff from PP can weigh in here. Would a "professional photographer" purchase the "Professional Series" or the "Cinema Series". Well possibly either but when both series were not available to review you can't know which one to choose. Seems like the best product is most often called "Professional". When I went to Amazon to begin with in December the "Cinema Series" was not available from PP. I thought the best product was available through Amazon at that time and tried to buy it. Got fooled. My mistake. Bummer. Want the best product available.

Not sure what the actual difference is. Assume the cinema series are higher quality but can't tell from the site. Looking for the highest quality item available.
The Cinema series filters are multi-coated. They come in regular ND filters and polarized (PL) ND filters. I have all of the available PolarPro filters listed here by type.

There's a few threads on here with Jeff from Polar Pro specifically stating do NOT but their filters from Amazon. PP does not do business through Amazon, so no orders would be fulfilled.
PolarPro does do business on Amazon. If you buy PolarPro filters there, Amazon will ship them instead of PolarPro. They are the same filters PolarPro is shipping.

The Cinema series filters can be left on during MP initialization, the Professional series will cause gimbal errors on start up and must be put on after initialization.
All series of their current filters can be installed prior to powering on the Mavic. I own both of their current series and have tried them.

Ok so I have not yet heard the exact difference in the Professional series and the Cinema series and why a professional would buy the Cinema series over the Professional series. Marketing gimmick or real difference??

The "professional" filters are regular ND filters and are not multi-coated. I've never attempted a detailed comparison between PolarPro's single-coated and multi-coated filters. I'm guessing the results of both are going to be very close. If you want the best possible image and it still meets your budget, then go with the multi-coated filters.

Ok as a non-professional who shoots professional quality photos I'll bag the "Professional Series" filters and go with the "Cinema Series" . Hope everyone else out there is clear on this. If you want professional don't go with professional! Thanks for your help with this.

Jeff: I have had PP filters on order with Amazon since Jan 19. They keep delaying the order saying they can't get them from you. Any truth to this?

Check your order to see who is shipping it. If it's Amazon, they should have been shipped immediately. If it's PolarPro, then it's out of Amazon's hands since PolarPro is shipping the order directly.

Due to the murky Waters. I just got my mavic Pro and want to take nice quality pictures ad
Nd video. I'm thinking I want a polarized ND filter. But which series will be best for me? The professional?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird