DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar pro cinema VS Freewell hybrid filters

WheelzWorld

Reactions
I'm wondering if anybody tested both ND/PL filters available and saw a difference?

As Freewell is offering the shipping, it makes a big difference on the price for me but would like to be sure.

As I ordered the official dji normal ND I'm thinking of getting only the PL ones.

Reactions: RobP62 and oshucomo
I'm wondering if anybody tested both ND/PL filters available and saw a difference?

As Freewell is offering the shipping, it makes a big difference on the price for me but would like to be sure.

As I ordered the official dji normal ND I'm thinking of getting only the PL ones.
i got the freewell and tested today.. discovered you cant power on with them attached as gimbal can't rotate properly and won't initialise.. this is useless as every time you change batt filter has to come off so you power up again.. i will be sending them back

i got the freewell and tested today.. discovered you cant power on with them attached as gimbal can't rotate properly and won't initialise.. this is useless as every time you change batt filter has to come off so you power up again.. i will be sending them back
I wouldnt be too sure polar pro dont have the same issue as this as well! There are many mixed reviews of unsuccessful powerups using their cinema series filters. I got the Taco MC filters and they work great and cheaper in the UK. depends where you are I guess?

Reactions: Rbruz
I wouldnt be too sure polar pro dont have the same issue as this as well! There are many mixed reviews of unsuccessful powerups using their cinema series filters. I got the Taco MC filters and they work great and cheaper in the UK. depends where you are I guess?

Polar pro got updated and the newer batches do indeed pass the gimbal startup procedure. I have them on during startups all the time. Failsafe. [emoji106]

I have the PolarPro and they work fine on the gimbal no need to remove.
Regards,
-d.

Did you buy from their website? Are you sure you pushed enough? It mentions very clearly that it can be put before calibration.

I have the freewell set with 6 Filters and the initialise with the gimbal works perfekt.
I have seen, you can buy 2 differend kind of Filters, i have this one with the red ring

Last edited:
Reactions: RobP62
i got the freewell and tested today.. discovered you cant power on with them attached as gimbal can't rotate properly and won't initialise
Freewell released two versions of their filters. The current version of the filter can be installed while the Mavic is powered down. If you have the current version, then check that your filter is fully seated before powering on your Mavic.

will double check again today.. it is a sphincter tightening moment pushing them on as gimbal feels so fragile.. taking them off is worse..

will double check again today.. it is a sphincter tightening moment pushing them on as gimbal feels so fragile.. taking them off is worse..
Check if you can exchange them for new versions like with polarpro.
If they advertised you can set before calibration, it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my F3112 using MavicPilots mobile app

ok tried again this morning with nd8pl on and it initialised fine.. musnt have pushed them on far enough.. now to somehow figure out how to twist to get the polar sweet spot..
1 hour later....
nope repowered and gimbal overload again..wont initilise..pulle doff and reseated same response..
intermittent...!!!

Last edited:

Our Cinema Series filters work just fine through start-up, there are about 2 to 3% of Mavics which have very very tight tolerances. If you end up having one of these we actually have a custom filter designed specifically for those pilots.

Our customer service is pretty good, we go out of our way to make sure you guys are happy.

-Jeff from PolarPro

Our Cinema Series filters work just fine through start-up, there are about 2 to 3% of Mavics which have very very tight tolerances. If you end up having one of these we actually have a custom filter designed specifically for those pilots.

Our customer service is pretty good, we go out of our way to make sure you guys are happy.

-Jeff from PolarPro
Definately not questioning your customer care mate, its up there with the best. DJI should outsource that element to you guys and the world would be a better place! :)Thumbswayup

I have had no problem with the Freewell filters. I think people are getting these filters (from several brands) and not installing them correctly.

Another option is PGY Tech filters. They are great and much cheaper and can stay on at all times, even through power up.
PGY TECH Lens Filters for DJI MAVIC Pro Drone G-UV ND4 8 16 32 CPL HD Filter Accessories gimbal Lens Filter Quadcopter parts
PGY TECH Lens Filters for DJI MAVIC Pro Drone G UV ND4 8 16 32 CPL HD Filter Accessories gimbal Lens Filter Quadcopter parts-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
(from AliExpress Android)
Not ND/PL

I just noticed that FeeWell is also shipping on eBay.
I sent a message to seller to ensure it will pass initialization.

This way I get double protection by eBay and PayPal.... (I hope).

I sent a message to seller to ensure it will pass initialization.
I also have the Freewell filters. They do clear the gimbal.

I've had the Polar Pro ND Neutral Density Filters for DJI Mavic (Cinema Series) - 6 pack on back order with Hobby Mounts since 20/02/2017. Think its time to cancel and look at alternatives.

Are these really worth £150 compared to others?

Should I consider the Polar Pro Standard 6 Pack "Includes CP, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL, and ND16/PL filters" or just save the money and go for something £50?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S