DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar pro cinema VS Freewell hybrid filters

i got the freewell and tested today.. discovered you cant power on with them attached as gimbal can't rotate properly and won't initialise.. this is useless as every time you change batt filter has to come off so you power up again.. i will be sending them back
Not true. Depending what filter pack u have, i have the 4 pack, Polarizer with ND 4,8 and 16. U have to put it on prior to starting the drone. Never had any issues innitialising 1490459524166.jpg

I've had the Polar Pro ND Neutral Density Filters for DJI Mavic (Cinema Series) - 6 pack on back order with Hobby Mounts since 20/02/2017. Think its time to cancel and look at alternatives.

Are these really worth £150 compared to others?

Should I consider the Polar Pro Standard 6 Pack "Includes CP, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL, and ND16/PL filters" or just save the money and go for something £50?
I shoot for broadcast TV filming MTB events. These filters are superb, i shoot with DV200 4K Panasonic and these little suckers Match the Panasonics ND range to the T. Best value for money pack u could get and they dont scratch easily
Not true. Depending what filter pack u have, i have the 4 pack, Polarizer with ND 4,8 and 16. U have to put it on prior to starting the drone. Never had any issues innitialising View attachment 9276

I've had the Polar Pro ND Neutral Density Filters for DJI Mavic (Cinema Series) - 6 pack on back order with Hobby Mounts since 20/02/2017. Think its time to cancel and look at alternatives.

Are these really worth £150 compared to others?

Should I consider the Polar Pro Standard 6 Pack "Includes CP, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL, and ND16/PL filters" or just save the money and go for something £50?

This is really more of a personal preference based on your situation. The Cinema Series filters us a higher grade glass that are multicoated with AR coatings to reduce lens flaring. If you are very particular and want your image clarity to be best as possible this is the way to go.

The standard 6-Pack (black frames) are still good, these are more geared for the recreational flyers. They still work great, however the Cinema Series glass is higher grade.

Whichever one you choose, you will be happy with, and if you are not, we are here for you, our customer service and warranties are some of the best.

-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: Jaysjob
This is really more of a personal preference based on your situation. The Cinema Series filters us a higher grade glass that are multicoated with AR coatings to reduce lens flaring. If you are very particular and want your image clarity to be best as possible this is the way to go.

The standard 6-Pack (black frames) are still good, these are more geared for the recreational flyers. They still work great, however the Cinema Series glass is higher grade.

Whichever one you choose, you will be happy with, and if you are not, we are here for you, our customer service and warranties are some of the best.

-Jeff from PolarPro
To be honest Jeff ive tried both and even when comparing both filters on a scope the difference is negligable.

To be honest Jeff ive tried both and even when comparing both filters on a scope the difference is negligable.

It is not a huge difference between the two, however to a trained image quality eye, there is a difference. There is a difference between a Lens coated with AR coatings and one that is not coated. A coated lens will have less flaring resulting in a clearer image. I am extremely particular about my video quality and notice these differences.

Video quality is all subjective to personal preference, so if you don't notice a difference and are fine with the standard filters, we are more than happy to set up a return of the other ones for you. We are here for you, and here to help you capture the best video quality you can.

-Jeff from PolarPro

It is not a huge difference between the two, however to a trained image quality eye, there is a difference. There is a difference between a Lens coated with AR coatings and one that is not coated. A coated lens will have less flaring resulting in a clearer image. I am extremely particular about my video quality and notice these differences.

Video quality is all subjective to personal preference, so if you don't notice a difference and are fine with the standard filters, we are more than happy to set up a return of the other ones for you. We are here for you, and here to help you capture the best video quality you can.

-Jeff from PolarPro
Been shooting Television productions for 22 years. I think my eye is trained

It is not a huge difference between the two, however to a trained image quality eye, there is a difference.

-Jeff from PolarPro
Jeff, can you confirm there is any specific thing that differentiate your cinema series from freewell hybrid filters?

Both are multi-coated nd/pl, is there anything else to look for final picture results?

Last edited:
Been shooting Television productions for 22 years. I think my eye is trained
Awesome! If you have been shooting for 22 years, I am sure you know there is difference between coated and non coated filters :)
There is a reason why all DP's and all of our ProTeam exclusively shoot coated filters.

-Jeff

Reactions: drmort
Jeff, can you confirm there is any specific thing that differentiate your cinema series from freewell hybrid filters?
Both are multi-coated nd/pl, is there anything else to look for?

No Idea, I don't use their filters.
I can tell you that our company will provide better service, support, and warranty then them.

Plus, you have me on here that you can ask any questions or get support from :)
We would love to have you as a customer!

-Jeff from PolarPro

No Idea, I don't use their filters.
I can tell you that our company will provide better service, support, and warranty then them.

Plus, you have me on here that you can ask any questions or get support from :)
We would love to have you as a customer!

-Jeff from PolarPro
It was really difficult to make a choice, but the free shipping from their side made the difference as I live in Switzerland which is pretty far from both your countries. (invested in too many things this period)

But we'll see. If I can have a real proof in end results of the 2 versus I may change (or if I ever get a problem [emoji5])

From what I understand it's:
PolarPro cinema series for service (lifetime warranty)
Freewell for price (free shipping over 50$, express over 100$)

Both should be equal in results until proven wrong...

There is no ND/PL 32 & 64 that exists in the market right?

Is there a reason?

Because we have not released one for everyone else to copy yet :)

Jeff
It was really difficult to make a choice, but the free shipping from their side made the difference as I live in Switzerland which is pretty far from both your countries. (invested in too many things this period)

But we'll see. If I can have a real proof in end results of the 2 versus I may change (or if I ever get a problem [emoji5])

From what I understand it's:
PolarPro cinema series for service (lifetime warranty)
Freewell for price (free shipping over 50$, express over 100$)

Both should be equal in results until proven wrong...

Happy flying, we are here to help if you ever want to upgrade your optics,
-Jeff from PolarPro

Last edited:
Because we have not released one for everyone else to copy yet :)
Haha well it would be an occasion to get a new customer and you know copying can't be avoided [emoji28]

Personally I don't understand why it's not out yet if PL helps with water... No body ever wanted to have those?

Is 32 and 64 only for long exposure or time-lapse ?

Haha well it would be an occasion to get a new customer and you know copying can't be avoided [emoji28]

Personally I don't understand why it's not out yet if PL helps with water... No body ever wanted to have those?

Is 32 and 64 only for long exposure or time-lapse ?

We actually got these started awhile ago, and they will be available in about 2 weeks.
ND32/PL and ND64/PL

There are certainly use cases for them, it just needs to be REALLY bright out to need an ND64.
-Jeff from PolarPro

We actually got these started awhile ago, and they will be available in about 2 weeks.
ND32/PL and ND64/PL

There are certainly use cases for them, it just needs to be REALLY bright out to need an ND64.
-Jeff from PolarPro
Yeah I imagine, I even got a ND1000 for the mavic lol... Call me crazy but I want to explore the full potential like having only that camera (and a tripod to attach it is always possible)

Now I really wonder when PL doesn't do any good... 16? 32? 64? 200? 1000?

-Jeff from PolarPro

After waiting for over a month from Hobby Mounts in the UK I gave up and cancelled, they have been shown in stock on Polar Pro website on two occasions now but Hobby Mounts still dont have my set. I was going to get them direct but by the time I paid postage and 'possible' extra tax it was not worth the hassle, but the Cinima 6 Pack appear not to have made it to the UK!!!!

Reactions: drmort
After waiting for over a month from Hobby Mounts in the UK I gave up and cancelled, they have been shown in stock on Polar Pro website on two occasions now but Hobby Mounts still dont have my set. I was going to get them direct but by the time I paid postage and 'possible' extra tax it was not worth the hassle, but the Cinima 6 Pack appear not to have made it to the UK!!!!
We have plenty of happy customers who order direct on our site in the UK.
Shipping is $14.99 and we have not had a single one need to pay extra taxes.

Thanks!
-Jeff from PolarPro

We have plenty of happy customers who order direct on our site in the UK.
Shipping is $14.99 and we have not had a single one need to pay extra taxes.

Thanks!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Hi Jeff, surely your company must state that the purchaser "may" be liable for import duties and Taxes though? The last 3 inexpensive items I have purchased from the US have all been frustratingly stopped at customs for the said charges which aren't cheap and are payable for anything over £15 or $20 so all your filter packs are currently liable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7