DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro filters have arrived !!

Hey Jeff

Any thoughts on modifying the current filters to make them work? Maybe shaving some material off of the edge?

I may give this a shot tonight with one of the scratched filters.

If you want to you are more than welcome to, but you can also sit tight until the CS filters start shipping.
Preorders should go live next week and shipping should be first week of January now.
You wont need to return your filters so if you want to take the dremel to them feel free.
-Jeff

Received my 6-Pack today. Unfortunately the CP Filter glass was loose and fell out of the cover. I guess it wasn't glued in properly. I have an e-mail into support and waiting on an answer.

I was going to say we will get a replacement out immediately, but it looks like it has been taken care of already!
Thanks Chuck,
-Jeff

Reactions: Skydog
If you want to you are more than welcome to, but you can also sit tight until the CS filters start shipping.
Preorders should go live next week and shipping should be first week of January now.
You wont need to return your filters so if you want to take the dremel to them feel free.
-Jeff

I'm gonna sit tight. ha Looked at it a little closer and I don't think the clearance is there even if you trimmed all the plastic back.

So what am I doing wrong here? I was just testing the fit and it's loose. The filter won't stay on. And it's on all the way.

Mine is unacceptably loose too. I woukd not characterize the fit as "snug."

There is variance on the Mavic Cameras, shoot us an email, we have smaller fitting filters for those few with cameras on the low end of the spec.
[email protected]

Thanks!
Jeff

There is variance on the Mavic Cameras, shoot us an email, we have smaller fitting filters for those few with cameras on the low end of the spec.
[email protected]

Thanks!
Jeff
OK, I just left a voicemail and sent an email with the same inquiry. Thanks for the speedy reply! I won't fly with this filter in the meantime.

OK, I just left a voicemail and sent an email with the same inquiry. Thanks for the speedy reply! I won't fly with this filter in the meantime.
Perfect, feel free to fly with it! Even if you loose one we will still replace it.
-Jeff

I haven't read many positive reviews about PolarPro's filters for the mavic.
Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The first versions had perfect optics, however required users to install after gimbal start-up, this caused a lot of strong feedback.

We took all the great feedback and made they second versions pass through gimbal start up. They started shipping about 4 days ago, so thats probably why you have not seen much on them. We sent out a lot of filters of the last few days so you should start seeing more reviews :)

-Jeff

Reactions: jopolski
The first versions had perfect optics, however required users to install after gimbal start-up, this caused a lot of strong feedback.

We took all the great feedback and made they second versions pass through gimbal start up. They started shipping about 4 days ago, so thats probably why you have not seen much on them. We sent out a lot of filters of the last few days so you should start seeing more reviews :)

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I've had no idea about improved design. There is not even mention on your website, so if I am buying from a 3rd party, I could be buying the first release without even knowing.

Thanks Jeff.
I've had no idea about improved design. There is not even mention on your website, so if I am buying from a 3rd party, I could be buying the first release without even knowing.

Actually all channels have been cleared of the first version, so its only the 2nd version out there :)
-Jeff

My PolarPro filters fit snug. I bought direct from PolarPro. Got the Mavic 6-pack. P, ND8, ND16, ND32, ND8/PL and ND16/PL.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: PolarPro
I haven't read many positive reviews about PolarPro's filters for the mavic.

I am surprised to see that no one is considering the official filters? Mine are due next week.

Buy Mavic - ND Filters Set (ND4/8/16)

I ordered a set 5 days ago and they have not shipped yet.
The DJI brand have clips going around them and the lens holder seems to be made of plastic. I guess DJI is really concerned about the weight.

I just don't trust the DJI ones, they look very flimsy and like the plastic tabs will break very quickly. I would like to see what people have to say about them when they arrive.

I ordered a set 5 days ago and they have not shipped yet.
The DJI brand have clips going around them and the lens holder seems to be made of plastic. I guess DJI is really concerned about the weight.
Mine should be shipping on Monday, so it will be interesting to see how robust they are.

Just got the Mavic Pro to try the filters, only to realize the gimbal initiation problem. I am really shocked to read that it was part of the design. I am going to return mine too.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji