DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND Filters

DanCarpy

Reactions
Hey.
Im looking at purchasing ND filters for the mavic and im trying to make a decision between the polarised vivid cinema series and the normal cinema shutter series.
Can anyone tell me which are the best to buy? Would i even need polarized?
Im from the UK so as you may know the sun doesn't shine alot. Lol

Polarized filters are used to cut down glare on reflective surfaces. They could be useful if you fly over such surfaces, you have them rotated properly, and the sun is at just the right angle.

Reactions: DanCarpy
Hey.
Im looking at purchasing ND filters for the mavic and im trying to make a decision between the polarised vivid cinema series and the normal cinema shutter series.
Can anyone tell me which are the best to buy? Would i even need polarized?
Im from the UK so as you may know the sun doesn't shine alot. Lol

The Vivid Collection: The ND/PL's will reduce shutter speed and also reduce glare and increase color saturation.

The Shutter Collection: The ND's will reduce shutter speed leaving the color profile unchanged.

Most people opt for the 6-Pack which includes both, however it really would come down to your personal preference and the look you are going for in your images/videos.

Let me know if you have any specific questions on them!
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: DanCarpy
The Vivid Collection: The ND/PL's will reduce shutter speed and also reduce glare and increase color saturation.

The Shutter Collection: The ND's will reduce shutter speed leaving the color profile unchanged.

Most people opt for the 6-Pack which includes both, however it really would come down to your personal preference and the look you are going for in your images/videos.

Let me know if you have any specific questions on them!
-Jeff from PolarPro
Thanks guys.
I think i might go for the vivid collection.

With regards to the polarised ones. I know when you look through them and rotate them you can work out which way up to put them on but there are times when the light just isn't quite right it's hard to work out their orientation. I have a set of the pro filters and wish they were marked on the ring which they should be orientated. Or am I not getting it ????

With regards to the polarised ones. I know when you look through them and rotate them you can work out which way up to put them on but there are times when the light just isn't quite right it's hard to work out their orientation. I have a set of the pro filters and wish they were marked on the ring which they should be orientated. Or am I not getting it ????

They can't be marked because the orientation changes relative to the suns position in the sky.
Sometimes it can be a little more challenging to train your eye how to find the sweetspot (especially on a small monitor), but practice will help you improve.
We also have this video which shows what you are looking for as you rotate the filter:

-Jeff from PolarPro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka