DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

Can the people getting these report weather or not they're threaded, whenever you get them in hand? I'm still curious about attachment

Sound like press on and not threaded. The Overview says: The filters use a pressure-fit design onto DJI Mavic camera with an ultra-light frame.

You probably won't ever really need an ND4 on the Mavic Pro's faster F/2.2 lens... unless you're totally crazy OCD about having an exact shutter speed in mind.

Surely, there are smart people working at PolarPro who have already done some exhaustive testing to come to the conclusion that ND8 and ND16 will fullfill most requirements and add an ND32 for extremely bright conditions.

Could be. Didn't think of that. We'll see.

This concerns me as it does not state whether the glass is UHD like the cinema series. This is a high cost for basic glass

Hi Metal69Rock,
The glass on these initial sets is still very nice, and there will be zero image degradation. We do have a limited edition Cinema Series in the pipe, but we wanted to get these sets out ASAP.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
-Jeff

I fly lots of times where it is not bright enough to require ND8 or more, but an ND4 works great. I use ND4/8 pretty much all the time, occasionally ND16 and my ND32 maybe once.
Hi Nathan,
You will be able to custom order the ND4 individually in the future. For right now we are only taking preorders on the 2 sets.
Thanks for the interest!
-Jeff

Reactions: Nathan Hoover
Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad polar haven't made a variable ND filter . I wouldn't mind paying more .. saves having to take it off / on all the time..

Too bad polar haven't made a variable ND filter . I wouldn't mind paying more .. saves having to take it off / on all the time..
Its something we have considered however there are two issues which is why we dont have one:
1. 2 glass elements equal twice the weight-which will overload the gimbal
2. This requires shooting through 2 glass elements. The more glass elements the camera shoots through the more image degradation and flaring will occur.

The time it takes to set a variable ND filter is the same time it would take to put on our single glass element filters (about 3 seconds).

Hope that helps,
-Jeff

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
Its something we have considered however there are two issues which is why we dont have one:
1. 2 glass elements equal twice the weight-which will overload the gimbal
2. This requires shooting through 2 glass elements. The more glass elements the camera shoots through the more image degradation and flaring will occur.

The time it takes to set a variable ND filter is the same time it would take to put on our single glass element filters (about 3 seconds).

Hope that helps,
-Jeff

Thanks for clearing that .. I do like the cinema edition idea.. and will wait for those :)

You do realize that a variable ND filter if even possible on the Mavic would 1) be too heavy for the Mavic's lightweight gimbal, 2) be too thick that it may create vignetting for the Mavic's somewhat wide 28mm lens, and 3) would be too costly and thus not be in demand for the average Mavic user that it wouldn't be a worthwhile doing the R&D on in order to produce them to begin with. Yes, you can probably cut some costs in making some kind of variable ND filter for the Mavic but that would also sacrifice image quality. They would have to employ some seriously exotic glass and materials to make something that is high quality, lightweight, small, and functional... and it would end up costing more than an entire Mavic drone so nobody would buy it.

Hi Metal69Rock,
...We do have a limited edition Cinema Series in the pipe, but we wanted to get these sets out ASAP.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
-Jeff
Any idea when these might be launching? I pre-ordered the regular set but if it's only a matter of weeks I might wait...

****. Wish I could get a set sooner

Any idea when these might be launching? I pre-ordered the regular set but if it's only a matter of weeks I might wait...
Hi Milsonian,
The CS line is going to be longer than that. I think it is going to be a little after the holidays.
The set that we are launching is solid and will provide some great results!

Thanks for supporting our brand!
-Jeff

Looking at the 6-filter set. Cannot go wrong with a little light manipulation.

You do realize that a variable ND filter if even possible on the Mavic would 1) be too heavy for the Mavic's lightweight gimbal, 2) be too thick that it may create vignetting for the Mavic's somewhat wide 28mm lens, and 3) would be too costly and thus not be in demand for the average Mavic user that it wouldn't be a worthwhile doing the R&D on in order to produce them to begin with. Yes, you can probably cut some costs in making some kind of variable ND filter for the Mavic but that would also sacrifice image quality. They would have to employ some seriously exotic glass and materials to make something that is high quality, lightweight, small, and functional... and it would end up costing more than an entire Mavic drone so nobody would buy it.

Very good point didn't factor it in.. thanks

Hey, If I ordered the 6 pack this evening when could I expect to get it?

Cheers
Currently these are Pre-order items which will ship at the end of November, in the order they are received.
Everything on the production side is going well and we will be able to fill all the orders we have through today at the end of November.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff

Currently these are Pre-order items which will ship at the end of November, in the order they are received.
Everything on the production side is going well and we will be able to fill all the orders we have through today at the end of November.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff
Perfect! Ordered the 6 pack just now with express delivery so hopefully have them in December.

Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929