DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

Received this email today. It is refreshing to to see proactive, rather than reactive, communication. Thank you Polar Pro!

Hello,

PolarPro wants to thank you for preordering the Mavic or Hero5 filters. They will ship at the end of November as their product pages state. If at any time you would like to change or cancel your preorder please let us know. Thank you very much for supporting our brand.
Regards,
Daniel M. Morris
| Director of Operations | PolarPro​

Reactions: PolarPro
Received the email today from you guys(Daniel Morris, Director of Operations). I cant wait to receive them...
I must be among the few who have received their Mavic first but not the filters :)

Hi Jake thanks for the post,
We have done some testing with the Mavic and it seems the ND32 is plenty for a bright beach/water scene. I have a feeling the ND32 will be sufficient, however if we get some early feedback that people are not able to knock down shutter with an ND32, we will put a single ND64 filter into production. From the testing we have done an ND32 should cover everything with the Mavic.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff I just ordered the three pack but think I may need the nd32 for a trip to Africa in December. is it possible to swap the CP for an nd32?

Hi Jeff I just ordered the three pack but think I may need the nd32 for a trip to Africa in December. is it possible to swap the CP for an nd32?
Awesome, Thank you very much for the order. For now we are only taking preorders on the 2 specified sets to make things as streamlined as possible. After we get those orders out we will begin accepting special orders. If you would like to change your order and wait for a special order our customer service team would be more than happy to assist you with that: [email protected] .

Thanks again!
-Jeff

Reactions: Trandg
Preordered the 6-pack set on 10/28, a day after my Mavic purchase (yes I was late to the game. :) ) I'm new to the whole aerial photography side of multirotors, so I don't even know exactly what these filters do.

Does anyone have some good websites to read up on exactly what these filters do and how to properly use them?

Preordered the 6-pack set on 10/28, a day after my Mavic purchase (yes I was late to the game. :) ) I'm new to the whole aerial photography side of multirotors, so I don't even know exactly what these filters do.

Does anyone have some good websites to read up on exactly what these filters do and how to properly use them?

Thank you very much for the preorder!
We have some pretty good articles on the theory.
Neutral Density Filters: Why do I need an ND filter when filming with a Drone?

Polarizer Filters: How Does a Polarizer Help Improve my images? -PolarPro

Let me know if you have any other questions,

-Jeff

Ordered! Am I in the first batch?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Thank you very much for the order!
Yes, we are still within the first shipment coming into us. When we move into the 2nd shipment, we will change the dates on the website and the notification emails.

Appreciate the support,
Jeff

Hi @PolarPro , I've just ordered now. I really need these to be delivered by Christmas. Do you think they will be?
Hi Pablo, Thank you very much for the order!
They will be shipping at the end of November, so that gives your shipment 25 days to arrive.

Let us know if you have any other questions,

-Jeff

Reactions: Pablo
Thank you very much for the preorder!
We have some pretty good articles on the theory.
Neutral Density Filters: Why do I need an ND filter when filming with a Drone?

Polarizer Filters: How Does a Polarizer Help Improve my images? -PolarPro

Let me know if you have any other questions,

-Jeff

Thanks for these informative links, Jeff. I am new to photography so I'm trying to work my way up the learning curve.

I have two questions

1. Are there any situations where filters should NOT be used? How does one know which filter to use? Is there something more scientific than just guessing what the best filter will be buy judging the amount of light present?
2. I understand that the filters allow for a slow shutter speed but is the shutter speed something the user has to set manually on the Mavic, or when using the auto camera setting, will the Mavic automatically use a slower shutter speed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato