DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Police networking

Gary cato

Reactions
I was in my local cafe today, there was 6 local police officers. I told them about some pickpockets operating in the local park and they asked me how i knew. I explained i caught the pickpockets on drone footage although the altitude makes it hard to see it clearly unless its played on TV and the faces cant be seen.

They asked if they could see the footage, so i showed them the 40 sec clip. They were amazed at the fact that the drone had caught this as they tried to pickpocket me while i was distracted with the drone. They then asked if i had any other footage they could watch as they said they had not seen anything like this before.

They watched the footage of me flying over their police station as well as footage from Thailand and not one of them was negative about me flying the drone. They actually said that all police forces should be using these instead of the money spent on helicopters and dog handlers.

In fact they were so interested they pretty much kept chatting for the next 30 mins as i ate. They asked about all the failsafes and modes etc GPS functionality.

When they left they also asked me if i fly there much (right next to their station) i said yes it was pretty much drone training for me locally or for a bit of fun.

They said if they had any one call them about a drone flyer there they will know who it is and wont be bothering me if they recognize the description of me.

They left saying they had a great story for the station about pickpockets on their patch and how a drone can catch them but their colleagues cant lol.

Nice to get some approval ratings from the boys in blue.

From Gary cato....c/p.
"They watched the footage of me flying over their police station" LOL!

From Gary cato....c/p.
"They watched the footage of me flying over their police station" LOL!
Yep lol lets say i ermm strayed from my intended pattern of 300 m radius in the park and did an unintentional fly by over their station lol. i did respect their privacy and one actually commented "bloody hell i better watch what i am doing in my own station" lol.

Reactions: Soundtekk
I was in my local cafe today, there was 6 local police officers. I told them about some pickpockets operating in the local park and they asked me how i knew. I explained i caught the pickpockets on drone footage although the altitude makes it hard to see it clearly unless its played on TV and the faces cant be seen.

They asked if they could see the footage, so i showed them the 40 sec clip. They were amazed at the fact that the drone had caught this as they tried to pickpocket me while i was distracted with the drone. They then asked if i had any other footage they could watch as they said they had not seen anything like this before.

They watched the footage of me flying over their police station as well as footage from Thailand and not one of them was negative about me flying the drone. They actually said that all police forces should be using these instead of the money spent on helicopters and dog handlers.

In fact they were so interested they pretty much kept chatting for the next 30 mins as i ate. They asked about all the failsafes and modes etc GPS functionality.

When they left they also asked me if i fly there much (right next to their station) i said yes it was pretty much drone training for me locally or for a bit of fun.

They said if they had any one call them about a drone flyer there they will know who it is and wont be bothering me if they recognize the description of me.

They left saying they had a great story for the station about pickpockets on their patch and how a drone can catch them but their colleagues cant lol.

Nice to get some approval ratings from the boys in blue.

I thought you were going to say you pick pocketed all of them while they were distracted with drone footage. And you got 5 warrant cards, 2 truncheons, a pair of handcuffs, a donut and 3 grams of class A in an evidence bag.

So disappointing.

I thought you were going to say you pick pocketed all of them while they were distracted with drone footage. And you got 5 warrant cards, 2 truncheons, a pair of handcuffs, a donut and 3 grams of class A in an evidence bag.

So disappointing.
Don't be I did but I cant show them that bit can I. they were distracted watching me fly over their police station great distraction. :)

Reactions: HeavensAbove
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143