DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Has your Mavic fallen from the sky for unknown reasons?

Has you Mavic ever "fallen from the sky?"

• My Mavic was made before March 2017 and has never fallen from the sky.

• My Mavic was made during or after March 2017 and has never fallen from the sky.

• My Mavic was made BEFORE March 2017 and HAS fallen from the sky for unknown reasons.

• My Mavic was made DURING March 2017 and HAS fallen from the sky for unknown reasons

Results are only viewable after voting.

Former Member

Reactions
I have hundreds of flights on different Mavics and Phantoms, and never once did I have a bird "fall from the sky" for unknown reasons, or any other reason. If your Mavic has never fallen from the sky, or if it has please cast your vote, and feel free to elaborate how many flights/hours you have on your bird so we can at least come up with a statistic.

34h 37m
463 flights
3 Drones P3a, P4p, MP

Had a Battery Fail error (P4p)
Also a Camera Sensor error (P4p)

Never fell from de sky neither a hard landing.

DJI changed de Battery and repaired de Drone Camera. Turn around 30 days, but fine.

Reactions: Former Member
34h 37m
463 flights
3 Drones P3a, P4p, MP

Had a Battery Fail error (P4p)
Also a Camera Sensor error (P4p)

Never fell from de sky neither a hard landing.

DJI changed de Battery and repaired de Drone Camera. Turn around 30 days, but fine.
Mavic numbers!!!

Only bad component is the camera dome protector, broke tip lockers.
ed4a347e1a7e64a0568d853665938fe0.jpg

2/8/17 Manufacture here.
83 flights, 65 miles, with 11hr 04min of air time here.

Never done a compass or IMU calibration.

One gimbal calibration when it was new to correct a canted horizon issue.

One or two instances of the gimbal freaking out, or the DJI go app losing connection until everything had a restart.

Nothing that i wouldn't attribute to normal issues with this many devices working in correlation with this advanced firmware / software.

I'm just getting started, but I am very happy with my Mavic.

47 flights
2 hr 54 min
16 874m

Mavic
49H, 228 flights, 1020km
Never fallen out of the sky, 1 low altitude crash into some bushes though, no damage apart from some scratches and 4 new props.

Last edited:
850 flights with P2, P3, P4, Mavic.

2 times fell out of the sky:

P2V2 literally fell out of the sky into the ocean, total loss. Hardware fault.
P3P fell out of the sky due to DJI firmware bug: replaced free quickly by DJI.

I'm still classing my Mavic crash from before Christmas as "unexplained". Seems it landed due to low battery, but the logs never showed that at all, and I'm still not convinced it behaved as it should have. Anyway no actual lasting damage was done so I never followed up on it with DJI.

No crashes touch wood, although did have signal failure and lost control- my son was flying it at the time, saw the warnings on the screen and the look of concern on his face as the Mavic headed straight for a clump of very tall leafless trees, but I kept quiet so not too distract him -
Anyway as the Mavic approaches the first lot of trees it climbed, then climbed again to clear the higher ones then just carried on safety back to us.
Was pretty impressive how it did it's thing and got safely back, as when it started heading for the trees I was already thinking this is going to be a long walk across a muddy field to pick up the bits of Mavic lol

Out of 13 votes, not a single owner of a drone made in March has experienced his drone fall from the sky. In addition to that, out of 69 votes, only 1 owner says his Mavic fell from the sky, but his was manufactured before March. That leaves 1.5 percent of Mavic owners in this poll have had their drone fall from the sky based on 69 responses. Waiting for more votes to come in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov