DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll:Mavic Damage Insurance?

Is your Mavic insured for damage if you crash it?

• Yes I have DJI Refresh and I am happy with it. Please explain why.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes I have DJI Refresh but I am not happy with it. Please explain why below.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I have drone damage insurance such as State Farm and I am happy with it. Please explain why.

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • I have drone damage insurance such as State Farm and I am not happy with it. Please explain why.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no drone damage insurance but I would like to know where I can buy it..

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Don't have it... Ain't gettin' it (Thanks Q)

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
Do you have insurance for your Mavic? If so please check which you have. Feel free to comment on why you bought the type of insurance you have and if you are happy with it.

Also, feel free to respond with your type of coverage, annual rate, and deductible.

Last edited:
I went with the SF option, I am fully aware of the implications of submitting a claim and its possible effects on my other policies however the insurance math made more sense for my situation (not a home owner), plus I bundled the Mavic with my photo gear so I got about $8000 worth of cameras/lenses insured for $120/year... seemed like a reasonable deal.

Reactions: Former Member
I've had State Farm for awhile now . $60 per year , no deductible and covers everything . You also do not have to recover the drone to get reimbursed . I trust my agent when she says it will not affect my rates if I have to claim . I've been with State farm for 35 years though .

Bought the refresh, crashed, knew I was going to get a refurb and will take more than a month. Sent it to Thunder. Now I wish I saved my $100 since Allstate covers...

Nope - might have taken refresh becasue it's literally one click IF it was available in my country... but it isn't, so nevermind.

Bought the refresh, crashed, knew I was going to get a refurb and will take more than a month. Sent it to Thunder. Now I wish I saved my $100 since Allstate covers...

I did the same thing when I bought my first Mavic. Bought Refresh, spent the $100 ($99) but will never use it. Waste of money.

I rarely crashed in my years of RC flying, with exception of the nano drones, and have means of recovering my drone if it flies away. So I think my Refresh will suffice.

I've opted for have no insurance but I would like to know where to buy it as I'm not definite in carrying on with no insurance, if I saw a reasonable package from a company with a good reputation I'd consider it.

John

I have care refresh and state farm.. I've had to use refresh once. It did take almost 5 weeks but I got back my original bird and its like new still. So I'm Ok with it. I figured if I every have to use refresh again it will go faster. I think the rush of newbies crashing it had slowed down a bit and DJI has more NP in stock. I'm just not taking any chances with with it.

I installed Verifly since its finally available in my state, but have yet to use it. In 3 years I never crashed a drone or nair even broke a prop but I am sure I'll be regrettting not getting DJI Refresh if something ever DOES happen

Suprised to see no one mention Verifly for most US states? 10 bux per flight and you get other insurances besides your drone (property damage, privacy lawsuits etc (I THINK))

Does Verifly cover loss and damage? That would be good insurance for the commercial flyer, but for recreational pilots, State Farm at $60 is a good deal.

Any insurance is a waste of money up to the point where you actually need it.

//that's like.. deep... man...

There is no damage/loss/liability insurance available for the hobby flier in South Africa (unless you join RC aircraft club and only fly at registered RC field).
Can only insure if you have commercial license, which is too costly and time consuming for the average hobbyist to obtain.

Have refresh, and just about to use it for the first time.

Dumped it into a river and got it back (hit nearly invisible wire), and getting slow yellow flashes with refusal to bind/connect to controller. Nothing online that looks helpful, but always happy to get a second opinion!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851