DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll:Mavic Total Loss Insurance?

Is your Mavic insured for loss if it is unrecoverable?

• Yes I have State Farm or other total loss DRONE coverage and I am happy with it.

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Yes I have State Farm or other total loss DRONE coverage and I am not happy with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have my drone covered under my homeowners or other policy and I am happy with the coverage,

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have my drone covered under my homeowners or other policy and I am not happy with the coverage,

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I have no drone loss insurance. Please explain why.

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Dont have it, aint gettin it (Thanks Q)

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
What happens if your drone is lost and unrecoverable? Are you covered and are you happy with your coverage?

Please feel free to respond with your type of coverage, annual rate, and deductible.

I am not insured at present but have been looking into it.I am in the Uk and can't seem to find anything suitable.The quotes I have stumbled upon on the internet are for commercial.Prices up to as much as £450 for the year.
If anyone can point me to a uk insurer that covers loss and accidental damage it would be appreciated.

Please explain why?

I never thought about it. I mean if it was like $2 a month to add it on why not. But 500 a year? After 2 years if I never lose my drone or crash it into oblivion I could just buy the next generation with the money I saved.

I will look into USAA for pricing here in the USA.

I am not insured at present but have been looking into it.I am in the Uk and can't seem to find anything suitable.The quotes I have stumbled upon on the internet are for commercial.Prices up to as much as £450 for the year.
If anyone can point me to a uk insurer that covers loss and accidental damage it would be appreciated.

You can click on this link:

Country Cover Club - Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance

If they dont offer damage/loss insurance, maybe they know who does.

Reactions: scooot
Please explain why?

I never thought about it. I mean if it was like $2 a month to add it on why not. But 500 a year? After 2 years if I never lose my drone or crash it into oblivion I could just buy the next generation with the money I saved.

Can I ask which post you are replying to? State Farm is only $5 a month annualized.

I just actually called Allstate here in CA and I was told I do not have to do anything on my end since I have homeowners/renters insurance. I was told this is actually "Personal Property" insurance and all I have to do is come up with my receipts and they will cover. I did confirm that even if the unit is flying around OUTSIDE my property it is still covered since it is considered personal property.

I just actually called Allstate here in CA and I was told I do not have to do anything on my end since I have homeowners/renters insurance. I was told this is actually "Personal Property" insurance and all I have to do is come up with my receipts and they will cover. I did confirm that even if the unit is flying around OUTSIDE my property it is still covered since it is considered personal property.

Whats your deductible with Allstate PAP?

No deductible. $13/mo since I have a bundle with them. Like the other post, I have it bundled in with our camera equipment so total on it was in excess of $5k.

Reactions: Former Member
To clarify, this is part of the homeowners/renters insurance and not a PAP. This means that you are subject to the deductible on your policy, typically $500 or $1,000. Whereas in a PAP, the typical deductible is $0.

And yes, all your personal property is covered in your homeowners/renters policy. And it is good anywhere in the world. If you visit your cousin in North Carolina and your luggage is stolen while in your hotel room. It includes your laptop computer, your Mavic Pro, and $1000 worth of clothes. Your insurance will cover your computer (there may be a max limit on computers per loss), your Mavic Pro, and your clothes less the deductible amount.

I think when he said that in the other thread it wasn't due to the dialect - just becasue that thread had no "don't have" choice.

Reactions: namja
To clarify, this is part of the homeowners/renters insurance and not a PAP. This means that you are subject to the deductible on your policy, typically $500 or $1,000. Whereas in a PAP, the typical deductible is $0.

And yes, all your personal property is covered in your homeowners/renters policy. And it is good anywhere in the world. If you visit your cousin in North Carolina and your luggage is stolen while in your hotel room. It includes your laptop computer, your Mavic Pro, and $1000 worth of clothes. Your insurance will cover your computer (there may be a max limit on computers per loss), your Mavic Pro, and your clothes less the deductible amount.

Just called again. Confirmed that I do not have a deductible. Why? Because I chose the 0 deductible instead of the $500 or $1000 or whatever they were offering. Yes I do pay a little more (around $15/mo) but you get what you pay for right?

Now my cars, those have $250 deductible definitely.

Reactions: namja
I have a personal articles clause as well, as long as each individual item is under 2500 (with a claim limit of 10000 pounds) including away from home it covers cameras etc and does not specify that a flying camera is not covered, I have a few personal articles exempted under separate cover on the same policy.

i have to renew it this month i might add the drone under seperate cover but i do not think i need to unless i am carrying over 10 grands worth of stuff (excluding the seperate articles) not worth the extra time for extra insurance and just in case that fails i have another Mavic.

In a year or two i am sure the Mavic will be retired as along comes another drone to buy anyway. If i cant keep one of these two for another year maybe i better give up flying lol

Not a good way to view insurance... as you are basing the choice solely on suffering a loss. If that were the case you'd _never_ know the best choice until a loss occurred or did not.

Better way to look at the choice is peace of mind. Is it worth $60/year to know that you won't have to spend $1000 if you lose or damage your Mavic. That is the correct question.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851