DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ponce de Leon Lighthouse - Ponce Inlet Florida

Syphon

Reactions
Shot this today, winds were at about 25mph and was still able to get plenty of steady shots!

Awesome video! I proposed at the top of the lighthouse! I used to live in Lake Mary but I am out towards Daytona now. Get my Mavic tomorrow and cant wait to get some video. Let me know if ever want to meet up and get some video out flying together.

Reactions: Syphon
Awesome video! I proposed at the top of the lighthouse! I used to live in Lake Mary but I am out towards Daytona now. Get my Mavic tomorrow and cant wait to get some video. Let me know if ever want to meet up and get some video out flying together.

Awesome! Yeah it is a fun place to fly. Make sure you get permission from the tower at New Smyrna Airport if you fly at the lighthouse. I is only 1 mile off one of their runways, funny enough, it is almost right inline with the runway path, not sure why a 200ft lighthouse would be in the path of a runway only a mile off it, but yeah. They actually have an online form you fill out on their website and Air Traffic Control will call you back to give you special instructions if needed. They asked me to stay under 200ft and to just call them if I wanted to go up to 300ft so they can make sure there were no flights inbound. He said he could give me up to a 15 minute window if I needed it.

Reactions: monkeywrench
Yours is much better than mine! Ponce Inlet has always been one of my favorite places to visit when in Daytona.
Nice video, cool lighthouse. I may be going to Maine in August to get a bunch of lighthouses up there. Your shots were good and I learned with practice they only get better. I threw out a lot of footage with bad shots in it for this video.

Awesome! Yeah it is a fun place to fly. Make sure you get permission from the tower at New Smyrna Airport if you fly at the lighthouse. I is only 1 mile off one of their runways, funny enough, it is almost right inline with the runway path, not sure why a 200ft lighthouse would be in the path of a runway only a mile off it, but yeah. They actually have an online form you fill out on their website and Air Traffic Control will call you back to give you special instructions if needed. They asked me to stay under 200ft and to just call them if I wanted to go up to 300ft so they can make sure there were no flights inbound. He said he could give me up to a 15 minute window if I needed it.

Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Syphon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest