DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable HDD/Adapter to dump SD to?

Interesting, however I need to dump to a drive, not a phone/tablet. I can see easily filling a device over a weekend's worth of shooting. I am leaning at the WD Wireless Drive with the SD slot. Looks to be the best of both, and much quicker on the copy from the SD straight to the HDD, rather than over a wifi connection.

I hear you Deckyon, I'd second the WD wireless option for in the field. I shoot non-drones commercially so it's always comforting to backup as we shoot, would like to see the option of remote backup down the track as it flys. Wireless speeds aren't speedy enough yet I'd assume for 4K, though 12Mb stills over a 300Mbps frequency would be fine!

I'd pick an SSD option if viable given it'll have a few knocks and bumps when out in the field.

When we're away on location and from power our 3rd backup is a 2bay SSD NAS in raid mirror, setup running through a UPS and inverter in the truck, don't need a monitor attached as there's a USB3.0 port in the front for quick copy. Personally don't like the WD wireless option for security, though portability is a big thumbs up. Also isn't the healthiest situation powering a NAS on and off though haven't had any issues yet.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yeah, SSD would be nice, but that can be replaced once the unit comes. Those use the standard laptop sized HDD, so it is a matter of just finding a spare somewhere.

Reactions: BlackBee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada