DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portrait landscape in app? Where is this?

Jaysjob

Reactions
Ok. I simply cannot find this in the app. Can anyone please tell me if it's exists and if so where and how to find it? It's from the manual but I still can't find it. Thanks.
6190e578d0c1b0543bc7b310abddad05.jpg

Not clear? Uuuunderstatement. I spend my entire life trying to find settings that are either hidden under a multitude of subsections, or (like the OP) not even there.

I think the MP menu system is at best confusing and in many cases mystifying. Swipe right to left indeed. Yeah right, proper intuitive. That's exactly what I was expecting.

Not clear? Uuuunderstatement. I spend my entire life trying to find settings that are either hidden under a multitude of subsections, or (like the OP) not even there.

I think the MP menu system is at best confusing and in many cases mystifying. Swipe right to left indeed. Yeah right, proper intuitive. That's exactly what I was expecting.

Haha! I'm glad I'm not alone on this one! I was feeling like quite the dope.

Reactions: Anthonyk
Found it and used it today. I know it's not the best orientation but it works well for long street shots.

Found it and used it today. I know it's not the best orientation but it works well for long street shots.

Good stuff, for everyone else.. it's a switch under the camera settings whilst in photo mode. Same place you find over explosive warning, histogram etc. I honestly find I get much better shots in portrait. Not sure why, just feels like it's better protected from glare..

Reactions: Jaysjob
I did this the other day when I did not want to nor did I know how I did it. I found it really annoying and thought I had done something wtong or my iPad mini was playing up. Thanks to your post I now am closer to understanding how and why this occurred, thanks. Now how am I supposed to use this footage in my video compilation??

Not clear? The first line of the posted screenshot precisely tells how to access it in just the same way that was answered... :confused:

You can also access the portrait mode via the 5D button on the right side of the RC.

Reactions: Nafnonac
I must have used the 5d button because I can recall at the time trying to use the 5d button to zoom into the image. Cheers again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike