DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Positioning filters

Gerry65

Reactions
Curious as to how folks position their filters on the Mavic camera. I'm just beginning to experiment with polar pros cinema vivid filters and have just been putting them on w/o evaluating the best positioning on the Mavic lens prior to flying. Just seems very labor intensive line them up with the camera on, determine the best position and then put them on before flying. I don't really want to mess with the gimble while it's already calibrated so that's means turning the bird off and re-initiating the takeoff procedure.

What do others do and what kind of effects are you noticing. I still am learning what to look for in a photo and video footage. Thanks

I think it would help all these drone filter buyers to buy a larger polarizing filter and then walk around their back yard for a while just holding it up to their face. What does a plant look like? The sky? The shiny reflections on cars? The pavement when facing into the sun? The pavement when facing away from the sun? The waves on top of a swimming pool? At each place twist the polarizer and observe the changes.

Once you have a more intuitive, less technical understanding of polarized light, you may find it easier to apply to drone situations.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest