DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible to add a lens to Mavic to change the view?

IcySparks

Reactions
I feel really boxed in both with the DJI Go app on my phone and when I use the Litchie VR view and was curious if there was any technical way to increase the field of view.

cell-phone-lenses-2738.833x555.jpg

I would appreciate your wisdom constructive feedback on this topic.

p.s. the internal voice in my head sounds weird on NyQuill.
p.p.s.s. this is where that pic is from

I think the issue you will run into is any lens like the ones you are looking for will be bad for the Mavic's camera/gimbal assembly. There are company's (Taco RC, Polar Pro, etc) that make ND filters that barely fit and work on the Mavic's gimbal assembly. Maybe someone will come up with something but my bet is it will be very hard on the gimbal.

The taco rc is the best on the gimbal camera polar has the worst reviews saying it doesn't clear the gimbal.

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app
That is the original version, the release the "Cinema Series" version next week (mine is pre-ordered) and they not only clear the gimbal now but they also have better quality glass. It is unfortunate what they did by releasing those originals though, they did accept mine back for a full refund regardless of if I placed a order for the new set so customer service was good.

Reactions: jcpkkmw
That is the original version, the release the "Cinema Series" version next week (mine is pre-ordered) and they not only clear the gimbal now but they also have better quality glass. It is unfortunate what they did by releasing those originals though, they did accept mine back for a full refund regardless of if I placed a order for the new set so customer service was good.
That's good man. It would suck to get stuck with those. And yes it is. By ant chance do you know if they are polarized mc ND? Just wondering because I was about to order the new taco rc coming out that are. But I would get the polar if so.

I am getting the set of 6 which comes with ND4, ND8, ND16 and then polarized versions of each of those. Not sure if I will need the polarized versions with the glare shield I 3D printed but we will see when I get to fly in sunny weather again. Here is a link to the set I purchased... DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series 6-Pack

Reactions: Antman305
I am getting the set of 6 which comes with ND4, ND8, ND16 and then polarized versions of each of those. Not sure if I will need the polarized versions with the glare shield I 3D printed but we will see when I get to fly in sunny weather again. Here is a link to the set I purchased... DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series 6-Pack
Thanks I like them I'm placing my order now. [emoji3]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22