DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible to turn of ALL LEDs on the Mavic?

kona

Reactions
Is it possible to turn off all LEDs for incognito flying at night?

No, for that exact same reason!
Not to lecture you but that does pose a serious threat to people on the ground if you happen to end up flying low for some reason and it's certainly not good for light aircraft pilots should they be in your vicinity.

Rob

Reactions: MacPap and Cutaway
No. And it's not a good idea bro. Please do not for your own sake, civilians, fellow drone operators, and lawmakers. Happy drone flying!

Is it possible to turn off all LEDs for incognito flying at night?

.... and when you have an incident it will make it hard on your other flying brothers who follow the rules, and I believe this is way more than a rule, I believe it is a LAW for any aircraft to have running lights... don't do it bro...

.... and when you have an incident it will make it hard on your other flying brothers who follow the rules, and I believe this is way more than a rule, I believe it is a LAW for any aircraft to have running lights... don't do it bro...
You believe or you know? And if it is more than knowing - to which countries does it apply?

I found this on the FAA website:
https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/media/aim_basic_4-03-14.pdf

--- snip ---

a. Aircraft position lights 4−3−23.

Use of Aircraft Lights are required to be lighted on aircraft operated on the surface and in flight from sunset to sunrise. In addition, aircraft equipped with an anti−collision light system are required to operate that light system during all types of operations (day and night). However, during any adverse meteorological conditions, the pilot−in−command may determine that the anti−collision lights should be turned off when their light output would constitute a hazard to safety (14 CFR Section 91.209). Supplementary strobe lights should be turned off on the ground when they adversely affect ground personnel or other pilots, and in flight when there are adverse reflection from clouds.

--- snip ---

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54