DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post your Vinyl wrapped or other custom Mavics here

would love to get a set in this exact style, but in a white or lighter grey vinyl....you're not taking orders are you? :) Are you printing and cutting this vinyl yourself?

[EDIT: I just noticed later in the thread that you mentioned having a vinyl company. Would love to order a set with an "If found call tele#", and my FAA#. And I have another idea I'd like to run by you as well.]

FWIW, visibility depends on many factors...
  • Is the object illuminated from within (think laser beam, traffic light, and beacon) or is it made visible by the light around it.
  • the combination of color, distance, available light and back drop.
  • the impact of effects such as Rayleigh and Mie Scattering
If you want maximum visibility in a well lit sky from the furthest distance, your best bet is to attach a couple LEDs brighter than those already on the drone. Depending on the circumstances and surroundings--if you still can't see the drone easily--try rotating it a few times to create a flashing effect much like a lighthouse. Green, yellow, perhaps white would work best in many circumstances.

For a wrap of the type in the photo, it's reflectivity will help much more than its color. A nice shiny/reflective wrap, especially on a sunny day (assuming you aren't looking into the sun) will work similar to a mirror at a distance. Again, rotating the drone if you can would help make that reflection more obvious.

Though unlit green can be visible in an average cloudless sunlit sky at a distance further than, say, reds there's a limit to its visibility as well.

I tried several designs and layouts already... still not satisfied....

View attachment 8797

Loving the carbon look (Hey, as an aerospace engineer, ánything carbon is cool), especially the natural black one and I was wondering, does it also come in orange carbon?
Where did you get those?

How much do the skins weigh? Any influence on air time?

do you find your bright skin helps significantly at large distances (eg over 400M), enough to be worth the cost if the only reason you were doing it was to increase visibility?
Where I fly there's mostly a darker background, so the contrast helps a bit.
But,frankly, I put on the skins only for the looks :)
And since I just bought the vinyl (this time in some fluorescent colors ) there is no need to think about if it's 'worth' the few bucks....

post-41597-0-57077100-1492019265.jpg

For the drone itself it doesnt really matter if wearing a skin or not. Havent checked the drone wrap weight, but the carbon one I had before add some 16g to the Mavic....

Loving the carbon look (Hey, as an aerospace engineer, ánything carbon is cool), especially the natural black one and I was wondering, does it also come in orange carbon?
Where did you get those?
?

Didnt really like the orange carbon. So I got only some in black, white, green and purple...

Attachments

• post-41597-0-57077100-1492019265.jpg
    post-41597-0-57077100-1492019265.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: isalas
db336fb5fb600f789acea8469204fa8d.jpg

FAA reg is on back leg and inside battery compartment My cell# is on each battery and in battery compartment. I just gotta give her a nose art for each battery and I'll call her complete.

Just a thought, I have tried half a dozen companies here, can you match the Mavic font? I think it's Gotham?
Thanks very much.

@Soundtekk, I plowed through the DJI site (basically looking if I could find some nice wallpapers) and found WOFF files for the fonts used.
They are:
  • Dji-Demi
  • Gotham-Book
  • Gotham-Light
  • Gotham-Medium
  • fontawesome-webfont
  • OpenSans-Italic
  • OpenSans-Light
  • OpenSans-Regular
I have the WOFF files (Web Open Font Format), which you could use if you want to create lettering vinyls. Drop me a PM if you want me to send them to you.

Cheers Joost.

Reactions: Soundtekk
@Soundtekk, I plowed through the DJI site (basically looking if I could find some nice wallpapers) and found WOFF files for the fonts used.
They are:
  • Dji-Demi
  • Gotham-Book
  • Gotham-Light
  • Gotham-Medium
  • fontawesome-webfont
  • OpenSans-Italic
  • OpenSans-Light
  • OpenSans-Regular
I have the WOFF files (Web Open Font Format), which you could use if you want to create lettering vinyls. Drop me a PM if you want me to send them to you.

Cheers Joost.

Thank you for posting Joost.

Reactions: JoostGT3
These are my most popular decals at the moment, very classy and minimalistic (FAA Decal not included in the set though):

Nice. I''m working on two different kinds of skins just now....Color shifting vinyl just arrived, so ill start to do some dronewraps like these car wraps...

colorflow-swf-960x300.png

and since a lot of people were asking for a Design like this (in a German drone board....):
546b30a24ff0a_-_jon-olsson-audi-a4-camo-edition-lg.jpg

I tried to design a skin like that for digital printing... production next week :)
post-41597-0-19666600-1493131772.png

Where I fly there's mostly a darker background, so the contrast helps a bit.
But,frankly, I put on the skins only for the looks :)
And since I just bought the vinyl (this time in some fluorescent colors ) there is no need to think about if it's 'worth' the few bucks....

View attachment 10563

For the drone itself it doesnt really matter if wearing a skin or not. Havent checked the drone wrap weight, but the carbon one I had before add some 16g to the Mavic....

Didnt really like the orange carbon. So I got only some in black, white, green and purple...

this looks good, can you tell me what type of vinyl you used?

Nice. I''m working on two different kinds of skins just now....Color shifting vinyl just arrived, so ill start to do some dronewraps like these car wraps...

View attachment 12433

and since a lot of people were asking for a Design like this (in a German drone board....):
546b30a24ff0a_-_jon-olsson-audi-a4-camo-edition-lg.jpg

I tried to design a skin like that for digital printing... production next week :)
View attachment 12434
This looks good! Can I see how it came out?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio