DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Follow-up to my last, just had a chat:

Jacob Le: Hello Gilbert, my name is Jacob Le and I'm looking forward to helping you today!
Me: Hi Jacob. So I'm wondering if you guys have heard when they're shipping to you from the manufacturer, where I am in line versus how many orders you have, and/or when an estimated shipping date is.
Jacob Le: Unfortunately, there is currently no additional information available as of this moment. Currently, the only information that we have been provided by the manufacturer is that we should hope to have this preorder product by the end of this month, however, there is no way to guarantee that, as it's an estimate that they have provided us with. There is no way to advise you as to where your order is located in the preorder queue, as that is run by an automated system that we have no access into, nor would I be able to advise you upon how many preorders there are for any product. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
Me: Ok. And regarding the closure for Sukkos, will my order absolutely not ship until you reopen on the 26th?
Me: Or if the product is received during the holiday, will it still ship out?
Jacob Le: Unfortunately, it wouldn't, as our warehouse is also closed while our offices and Superstore are closed as well.
Me: I see. Alright, I appreciate the help.

I ordered on 9/29 at 12:30 UTC from DJI. According to the chat and chart, I guess I can stop refreshing my order status for a while.

Reactions: Arpi Pap
Just heard from my vendor that they just got word from DJI that they are pushing deliveries until Mid November.

Well crap.

Follow-up to my last, just had a chat:

Jacob Le: Hello Gilbert, my name is Jacob Le and I'm looking forward to helping you today!
Me: Hi Jacob. So I'm wondering if you guys have heard when they're shipping to you from the manufacturer, where I am in line versus how many orders you have, and/or when an estimated shipping date is.
Jacob Le: Unfortunately, there is currently no additional information available as of this moment. Currently, the only information that we have been provided by the manufacturer is that we should hope to have this preorder product by the end of this month, however, there is no way to guarantee that, as it's an estimate that they have provided us with. There is no way to advise you as to where your order is located in the preorder queue, as that is run by an automated system that we have no access into, nor would I be able to advise you upon how many preorders there are for any product. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
Me: Ok. And regarding the closure for Sukkos, will my order absolutely not ship until you reopen on the 26th?
Me: Or if the product is received during the holiday, will it still ship out?
Jacob Le: Unfortunately, it wouldn't, as our warehouse is also closed while our offices and Superstore are closed as well.
Me: I see. Alright, I appreciate the help.

That Sucks Big time!! Feel your pain

I ordered mine on 2016-09-30 11:35:39 (UTC) from the DJI Online Store...

But wait... wasn't someone called from China and promised Oct 15th(Saturday) shipping?

Everyone should probably chill on the rumor mill... whatever you read in a post about 'official word from DJI' will probably be reversed three posts later in another 'official word from DJI.'

Everyone should probably chill on the rumor mill... whatever you read in a post about 'official word from DJI' will probably be reversed three posts later in another 'official word from DJI.'
This is no fun

I just spoke with a customer service rep at DJI and they told me that they are currently preparing a fleet of Mavic Pro's that are going to deliver your Mavic Pro directly to your door. Unfortunately, the delivery swarm of drones is not set to deploy until sometime in the 2016 fiscal year. :(

This is no fun
Well to the extent that the unending stream of useless 'confirmations' that units will either ship around Oct 15 or not until the mid-November or later is considered 'fun', yeah. :)

I just spoke with a customer service rep at DJI and they told me that they are currently preparing a fleet of Mavic Pro's that are going to deliver your Mavic Pro directly to your door. Unfortunately, the delivery swarm of drones is not set to deploy until sometime in the 2016 fiscal year. :(

Most companies are in FY'17 already.

Amazon -yitamotor 9-28

I ordered on 9/29 from DJI. Here's the response I received yesterday.

"Thanks for your response.

I do appreciate your great understanding.We began to take preorders for Mavic Pro since October 27th. Order amount has been unprecedentedly huge from day one. Based on status quo, it is estimated that your order will be shipped at the end of October or early November.

Actual shipping time is determined by production capacity. I am so sorry that we are unable to tell you a concrete shipping date at the moment.
In the meantime, we will urge our production line and warehouse to speed up their work, so

your order could be shipped as soon as possible. We would appreciate your patience.
Any update, we will contact you by email.

Best Regards
DJI Online Store"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I ordered on 9/29 from DJI. Here's the response I received yesterday.

"Thanks for your response.

I do appreciate your great understanding.We began to take preorders for Mavic Pro since October 27th. Order amount has been unprecedentedly huge from day one. Based on status quo, it is estimated that your order will be shipped at the end of October or early November.

Actual shipping time is determined by production capacity. I am so sorry that we are unable to tell you a concrete shipping date at the moment.
In the meantime, we will urge our production line and warehouse to speed up their work, so

your order could be shipped as soon as possible. We would appreciate your patience.
Any update, we will contact you by email.

Best Regards
DJI Online Store"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
October 27th? Wth?

I also got this response:

Dominique
Hi there William

Order placed from Sept 27th til' Oct 11th we'll start shipping it mid Oct and order placed starting on Oct 12 18:00 Beijing Time ships within November.

We arrange shipment on first pay first service basis and Presales are not able to advise exact shipping date yet.

I ordered 9/27 at 5:10pm PDT from store.dji.com (Fly More Combo).

I've been told numerous times by DJI chat support that I am in the first batch, and that first-batch orders will ship one day "next week," but which day is unknown because inventory has not yet been made available.

On a note within reality, the DJI GO app for Android has finally been updated, for those who have been waiting:

DJI GO - Android Apps on Google Play

Ordered on 9/29 1:00 UTC. Not to worried about when it arrives I have the P3S and Typhoon H to hold me over.

Tomorrow is the big day to see if they are actually going to ship. The anticipation is killing me...

I'm probably more excited for the Mavic then I am for the Tesla Model 3 I preordered. The Tesla is still two years away though there will be delays.

List updated!

Latest shipping updates:
  • B&H - unknown/refused to give any details. They are closed for a Jewish holiday until October 26th so the earliest they would ship out is that day. Update 10/13: They have now updated their page to say that they're shipping at the end of October. Update 10/14: Inquired about my order placed 9/28 via chat and the CSR said "I have looked into this for you and currently your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 10/28. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it may have caused you." so as of now, B&H are getting their Mavic stock on October 28th.
  • Drone Nerds - They will not receive their stock until mid-November.
  • Best Buy - The manager at a local store didn't see it on their list of upcoming deliveries this week, and their website still says they are shipping out October 31st.
  • Atlanta Hobby - "DJI has not given us any concrete shipment dates. DJI first stated that shipment should start around the middle of October however we are hearing rumors that date has been pushed back. I'm sorry but we just don't have the information to provide any specific dates or details on this product shipment times."
  • Drone World - Heard word directly from DJI that the release date has been pushed back and they will not ship out until early November. They weren't sure if this was just for them, for all resellers in general, or for ALL preorders.
  • DJI - According to a chat, they will only ship Mavics ordered within the first two hours of Sept 27th on October 15th. Orders from Sept 28th onward will be shipped mid-November.
  • Newegg - Webpage says it will be shipped 10/25.
  • Apple - No definitive dates, just 'November'.

Reactions: gckless and darkneo
Tomorrow is the big day to see if they are actually going to ship. The anticipation is killing me...

I'm probably more excited for the Mavic then I am for the Tesla Model 3 I preordered. The Tesla is still two years away though there will be delays.
Did Tesla charge you for the full amount already?

Reactions: Derf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580