DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Not that I'm in any hurry, but I thought that I'd contribute to this thread by asking the Amazon re-seller that I pre-ordered through when I could expect shipment. See reply below:

Order ID 104-9539475-4426664:
1 of DJI Mavic Pro [ASIN: B01LZ8QTSU]
------------- Begin message -------------
at the end of october
--- Original message ---
When will shipping begin for the DJI Mavic?

Reactions: Lees23
Most vendors who are shipping the first group are quoting end of October regardless of when they expect to receive the shipment (this week or next) since no matter how many times they are asked they just can't be sure. They most likely don't want to be deluged with 'is it going to ship today??' 'How about tomorrow??' 'Maybe the next day then??' 'How about the day after that??' And what time will it go out??' IOW, exactly what seems to be happening...

Last edited:
Reactions: kykayak
I ordered direct from DJI on 2016-09-27 21:35:27 (UTC).

The trouble is I am in Spain for work until October 31st and ordered to the office here. I don't normally live in this country...so following the news of the delays I contacted chat support and explained my situation...and could I change my delivery address if there would be a delay past the end of October...

The answer is No, you have to cancel your order, wait for the refund, and re-order to your new address. Great. But then they said that my order should ship out in October and there is still a chance it will be delivered before I leave Spain. So I decided to let the order stand and cross my fingers. If it isn't marked as shipped by October 25/26 I will have to go ahead and cancel.

The good news is I ordered an Osmo Mobile on October 9th (a Sunday) and by Oct. 11th it was in Spain...although it has been stuck with customs since then, only got released today, and is scheduled for a Monday delivery...so at least the shipping is fast once it happens...

Reactions: kykayak
Source: DJI website
Time: 2016-10-01 05:58:06 UTC
Order number: 0012008998XX

Fly more combo + DJI care refresh

From DJI's forum, taking it with a grain of salt, as it seems like the whole launch has been pushed back, but as of yesterday:

Thank you for contacting DJI Pre Sales Support.
Order placed from Sept 27th til' Oct 11th we'll start shipping it mid Oct and order placed starting on Oct 12 18:00 Beijing Time ships within November.
We arrange shipment on first pay first service basis and Presales are not able to advise exact shipping date yet.

Then again, there's this.

List updated!

Latest shipping updates:
  • B&H - unknown/refused to give any details. They are closed for a Jewish holiday until October 26th so the earliest they would ship out is that day. Update 10/13: They have now updated their page to say that they're shipping at the end of October. Update 10/14: Inquired about my order placed 9/28 via chat and the CSR said "I have looked into this for you and currently your order is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 10/28. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information. I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it may have caused you." so as of now, B&H are getting their Mavic stock on October 28th.
  • Drone Nerds - They will not receive their stock until mid-November.
  • Best Buy - The manager at a local store didn't see it on their list of upcoming deliveries this week, and their website still says they are shipping out October 31st.
  • Atlanta Hobby - "DJI has not given us any concrete shipment dates. DJI first stated that shipment should start around the middle of October however we are hearing rumors that date has been pushed back. I'm sorry but we just don't have the information to provide any specific dates or details on this product shipment times."
  • Drone World - Heard word directly from DJI that the release date has been pushed back and they will not ship out until early November. They weren't sure if this was just for them, for all resellers in general, or for ALL preorders.
  • DJI - According to a chat, they will only ship Mavics ordered within the first two hours of Sept 27th on October 15th. Orders from Sept 28th onward will be shipped mid-November.
  • Newegg - Webpage says it will be shipped 10/25.
  • Apple - No definitive dates, just 'November'.
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying Dji only shipping orders from first 2 hours since I've emailed , called, and chatted multiple times and asked them specifically about the 2 hour thing and they all told me that was false. What I don't understand more is why can't Dji give us all correct information. So many different rumors it's crazy. So many people have heard so many different things. Oh well off to go fly my Phantom 4 in Los Angeles tomorrow!

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying Dji only shipping orders from first 2 hours since I've emailed , called, and chatted multiple times and asked them specifically about the 2 hour thing and they all told me that was false. What I don't understand more is why can't Dji give us all correct information. So many different rumors it's crazy. So many people have heard so many different things. Oh well off to go fly my Phantom 4 in Los Angeles tomorrow!
Weird...

The problem is they did in fact say that. Everyone who contacts DJI is being told different things. We all need to sit back and just wait and see what happens.

Hi guys, I'm from Singapore. Ordered my Mavic within the first few days of launch through a local dealer. My drone group here(numbering in the thousands, Universal Drones Singapore) is also anxiously waiting for it. Many of us have ordered it but have not received any concrete news on the delivery dates.

Gonna park myself here for updates and I'll also be updating you guys if I get any news on my (asian) side

;)

Last edited:
Amazon still shows receipt between Oct 18-26. But I know that might not mean anything.

Still hoping though...

Z

I ordered a Tesla 3 also, Then about 2 weeks went by..... and thought what the hell was I doing, So much can change in 2 years..... and I really do not know really anything about the car. So I called in a canceled it.
In 2 years from now.... you are probably going to be happy in the latest greatest thing...... and I will be saying, I could of had one of them DOH!

I'm probably more excited for the Mavic then I am for the Tesla Model 3 I preordered. The Tesla is still two years away though there will be delays.

I ordered mine on 9/27 at 17:37 from dji. I'm hoping to get it by the end of the month. Crossing fingers:)

Does anyone know exactly when Dji made the Mavic available for pre-order on September 27th?

Thanks,
Z

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851