DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision Landing Not Accurate

Random155

Reactions
Im not sure if it's just me but my precision landing is anything but precise. If someone could give me some insight on this I'd appreciate it. I have all sensors activated and when I take off it gives me the return to home schpeel. But... when my Mavic returns home its about 10 to 15 feet off. If it was a 1 to 2 foot diff. that would he ok in my book. But when I return to home and my mavic tries to land on the roof of my house, when I took off about 15 feet away from my house, I think this sucks. I calibrated the compass and all my preflight checks are green/go. Any thoughts? I'll try to upload a video later today.

Reactions: BladeFartz
Per the Mavic manual, here are some things to keep in mind about the precision landing feature:

Manual.png

Thanks, Im good on all of that stuff. Still lands far from takeoff point

Where exactly are you taking off from? What does the ground look like in that location?

The point is how does it look. The "distinctive feature" is critical, you need like a big white X on a black background if you want precision RTH to work.

Most recently, my deck.
Try a more distinctive pattern (like an X as Kilrah noted). And, when taking off, make sure you're ascending at least 30 feet straight up into the air.

Im not sure if it's just me but my precision landing is anything but precise. If someone could give me some insight on this I'd appreciate it. I have all sensors activated and when I take off it gives me the return to home schpeel. But... when my Mavic returns home its about 10 to 15 feet off. If it was a 1 to 2 foot diff. that would he ok in my book. But when I return to home and my mavic tries to land on the roof of my house, when I took off about 15 feet away from my house, I think this sucks. I calibrated the compass and all my preflight checks are green/go. Any thoughts? I'll try to upload a video later today.
Do you "give it time" to take an image of the take off point? The accuracy is based on the Mavic having a photo to use when it returns. In many of the videos I have seen, the pilot takes off and then scoots off immediately with no delay. Apparently the Mavic needs a moment of stable hover after take-off (I saw somewhere about 10m off the ground but can't remember where I saw that) where it takes a photo to use on its return. If it doesn't have the photo, it can only use GPS which is only accurate to 6 feet at best.

Reactions: kvilleguy
Precision landings work perfectly for me. What I have observed is that pilots do not give the Mavic time to take the photo required to make the precision landing. The manual mentions that you have to fly up to about 10m but it isn't clear on mentioning that you have to give it up to 10 seconds of hover time to actually take the photo. When that is done, I have found that the Mavic lands within inches of its take off point every time.

+1
If i climb slowly up to 10 m after take off and fly afterward every landings are perfectly spot on within 2 cm in case i dont hand catch it like most of the time

Reactions: kvilleguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada