DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Premier Pro Newbie - few Q`s

chris956

Reactions
Hey guys , new to video editing and now the Mavic has arrived I need to sort it out and get my head round POST.

I`ve got Adobe Premier Pro CC and have watched all the tutorials a couple of times and think I`m making headway and learning , however a couple of questions if you dont mind that I could not find in the tutorial vids :

1. What is the best resolution to shoot in and then either upscale or downscale in post ? Currently am in 1080p at 50fps as I do not have any 4k tech but is it better to go 2.7k and then downscale to 1080 in post ?

2. I did a small test video and exported it in 1080p but for some reason when uploaded to Youtube it was worse quality than the 1st one I did which was H264 ? Am I confusing stuff ?

I`ve looked at Casey Faris` video and downloaded his LUT which I`ll try and use on the next one but am just doing short 1 minute vids to see how they turn out at the moment. Any help much appreciated

Cheers Guys

The higher frame rate doesn't work well, so stick to max of 30fps (you can use NTFS it makes no difference)
2.7K is OK but the full 4K gives similar quality and a few more options like cropping in, rendering will be a bit slower though so 2.7 might be best.

For export first choose H264 then it's best to set things manually below. rather than their preset though you can start from that and save revised settings as a new preset.

Reactions: chris956
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS