DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Presidents' Heads footage from the Mavic

Ok, everyone - Here is the footage from the Presidents' Heads I took this past weekend. Let me know what you think...It is truly awesome venue!

Was it difficult to gain access? My buddy and I are planning on doing a shoot there but we have got mixed reviews. I heard the owner isn't fond of people being out there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Was it difficult to gain access? My buddy and I are planning on doing a shoot there but we have got mixed reviews. I heard the owner isn't fond of people being out there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ok, I will give you my honest take - I went there Sunday, pulled up and was going to knock on the door. I noticed two people walking toward me and I asked if I could go see them. He said yes, but there is a donation box on the porch, anything is appreciated as the money is going to repair them. He said, do not climb on them...didn't say anything about taking pictures (which I heard has been said before). When I was leaving, one of the gentlemen said they had 75 folks stop by on Saturday!!!

Fast forward to Monday...I wanted to go back and get some more shots...I pulled up and the owner was there and said they usually do not allow people of the weekdays as this is a working farm. He said they chip wood and it can go flying. But, since they were not chipping, he let me go back and I did ask if I could use my drone and he said yes. Then, we had about 15 minute chat on the history of his farm, the family, the heads and the future of the heads - IT WAS AWESOME.

So my advice:
1. Go on a weekend - early or later in the evening, 5ish
2. Bring money
3. Ask nicely
4. Enjoy what I think was an awesome hidden gem!

This is amazing. How have so many people (including myself) not heard of this before? Great job on the footage. Really enjoyed that!

This is amazing. How have so many people (including myself) not heard of this before? Great job on the footage. Really enjoyed that!

I know right? I am glad I was told to check it out and that happened by complete chance! Standing in front of these is quite impressive...
Thank you for the nice comments, I really enjoyed filming and editing this one!

Reactions: jeffrey
Was expecting to see Mount Rushmore. When I saw the first few shots I thought it was Mount Rushmore footage which had been CGI'd to an inch of its life.

What I got was way more interesting. Had no idea this existed. Thank you.

Ok, I will give you my honest take - I went there Sunday, pulled up and was going to knock on the door. I noticed two people walking toward me and I asked if I could go see them. He said yes, but there is a donation box on the porch, anything is appreciated as the money is going to repair them. He said, do not climb on them...didn't say anything about taking pictures (which I heard has been said before). When I was leaving, one of the gentlemen said they had 75 folks stop by on Saturday!!!

Fast forward to Monday...I wanted to go back and get some more shots...I pulled up and the owner was there and said they usually do not allow people of the weekdays as this is a working farm. He said they chip wood and it can go flying. But, since they were not chipping, he let me go back and I did ask if I could use my drone and he said yes. Then, we had about 15 minute chat on the history of his farm, the family, the heads and the future of the heads - IT WAS AWESOME.

So my advice:
1. Go on a weekend - early or later in the evening, 5ish
2. Bring money
3. Ask nicely
4. Enjoy what I think was an awesome hidden gem!

Thanks for the info, it's about an hour and a half from me and didn't want to make the drive and have to trespass or anything.

Was expecting to see Mount Rushmore. When I saw the first few shots I thought it was Mount Rushmore footage which had been CGI'd to an inch of its life.

What I got was way more interesting. Had no idea this existed. Thank you.

HeavensAbove - Thank you for the kind comments! This site is a must see if you are in Virginia! A hidden gem!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000