DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pretty bad crash... Camera completely detached

Hackwood

Reactions
OK, storytime. I was showing off at my friend's house (1.25km from mine, where I was flying from) flying pretty low and hovering some. I hadn't flown in a while, and all my batteries were around 60%, so it was a series of short flights to and from. The last flight, I was hovering for as long as I could (and as low) before needing to return home. I lost signal, sent the return home signal on the remote, got as high as I could for better reception, and waited. I knew I would get signal back as soon as it gained elevation during RTH. I got a flash of a black image and a message on the app "Aircraft tilted, check for damage." At the same moment, a text from my friend: "Dude you crashed." I went over to retrieve my drone. Now would be a good time for some photos.
IMG_20170514_203234.jpg IMG_20170514_203246.jpg IMG_20170514_203457.jpg
Pretty rough, although the camera detaching is the only casualty. No broken props. I asked my friend what he saw (I wasn't recording). He told me it had started to gain altitude, then abruptly rolled to its side and crashed. The current errors in the app are: Compass needs calibration, Gimbal gyroscope error, Aircraft update required, Camera update required, Battery update required, Gimbal gyroscope error, Camera sensor error, Gimbal motor overloaded. The updates were not available before the flight.
Now the questions: How do I fix it? Can I buy parts and do it in house? Do I need to send it in? If I do, how and how much? Is this possibly a warranty claim (I don't have care refresh) since it crashed in RTH? Thanks in advance for ANY help you can provide.
TL;DR: Drone lost signal, crashed during RTH, camera fell off and broke both cables.

You can try to fix it. I sell the parts you need. Are you mechanically inclined?
Somewhat. I just built a 3d printer from a kit, so I can manage, although tiny fragile stuff is iffy. If there's some sort of instructions I can probably do it. How much are we looking at?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada