DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Price increase?

Rip

Reactions
Just noticed that pre orders for the Fly More combo have gone up to £1359, only last week it was £1249

I was on the fence anyway so I'm not even sure I'll get one. Maybe I'll just wait until the Spring and see what's about.

Can I buy a Mavic in the U.S. and use it in the U.K.? I know two different people going to different parts of the U.S. over December and January, the Fly More combo would only cost me £1000

Can I buy a Mavic in the U.S. and use it in the U.K.? I know two different people going to different parts of the U.S. over December and January, the Fly More combo would only cost me £1000

Be prepared to pay import duty at 20% when you come back... you might get away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would still work out cheaper even with 20% tax.

Don't forget the local US sales tax too which is NOT quoted in the listed price... Local sales tax varies from state to state. In NY it's 8% I think... so $1000 listed over there ends up being £1045 here after all taxes and current exchange rate.

Don't forget the local US sales tax too which is NOT quoted in the listed price... Local sales tax varies from state to state. In NY it's 8% I think... so $1000 listed over there ends up being £1045 here after all taxes and current exchange rate.

Oh yeah that's true!

My guess is Mavic availability will be worse as well now that all GoPro Karma owners are being forced to send them back for a refund.

Reactions: ajg_kestrel_PFAW
£1099 DJI website for non combo. I don`t know how they can put the price up like that except xmas, plenty of sales and because they can! Brexit doesn`t factor except as a lame excuse.

Reactions: Nik Mellough
My guess is supply and demand. They know full well people will pay it.

£1099 DJI website for non combo. I don`t know how they can put the price up like that except xmas, plenty of sales and because they can! Brexit doesn`t factor except as a lame excuse.

It's not a lame excuse - it's the only reason!!!
The £ has dropped over 15% - Mavics are not made in this country so to ensure they get the same amount of $ back they have to charge more ££.

Simple. (For most).

It's not just DJI - it's apple and others too...
more price increases from Foreign importers to U.K. Coming soon....

the selling price of a product is governed by what people will pay for it.. seemingly a quick look on ebay suggests DJI have plenty of spare price increase room.. he he

trog

It's not a lame excuse - it's the only reason!!!
The £ has dropped over 15% - Mavics are not made in this country so to ensure they get the same amount of $ back they have to charge more ££.

Simple. (For most).

Except isn't the price jumping up in the States now too? I'm guessing they underestimated the popularity of the Mavic and pumped the price up to match demand. it's going to put a lot of people off...

Except isn't the price jumping up in the States now too? I'm guessing they underestimated the popularity of the Mavic and pumped the price up to match demand. it's going to put a lot of people off...

Where have you seen a $ price increase?
I think $ price is as it was...

You're right. Adjusted my VPN settings and it's still showing as $999. That's including tax though too, so might be worth buying direct from the states..

I guess DJI aren't as large a company as I thought if they cant absorb currency fluctuations...

You're right. Adjusted my VPN settings and it's still showing as $999. That's including tax though too, so might be worth buying direct from the states..

I guess DJI aren't as large a company as I thought if they cant absorb currency fluctuations...

Well that's a bit harsh as Apple have done the same and they're the biggest company in the world....

It seems a UK thing probably down to the cr@p exchange rates at the moment, doubt they will go back down even if the rates get better,

Dealers seem to be honoring prices on pre-orders already placed so that's one good thing but not if you are still thinking of ordering in the UK.

DJI Price Increase

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters