DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Price increase?

That reflect more poorly on Apple than it does possitivly on DJI.

Ok - Microsoft and others... Unilever etc...
most companies operate on a 10% roughy net profit ... so if you are losing 15% on a currency shift in a particular territory - then you have to increase your prices....

It's simple economics and nothing to do with a companies management or how big it is....

You can only blame the currency rate .... and for that you can blame the instability and uncertainty over the UK economy (even if it's only in the short term - hopefully)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikeroycollins
These are the current prices for anything DJI in the UK

Mavic Pro £1,099
Mavic Pro Fly More Combo £1,359
Phantom 3 Professional £1,049
Phantom 3 Professional with Extra Battery £1,049
Phantom 3 Advanced with Extra Battery £839
Phantom 4 £1,289
Phantom 4 with One Extra Battery £1,379
Phantom 4 with 2 Extra Batteries + Car Charger Kit £1,459
Phantom 4 with 2 Extra Batteries + Battery Charging Hub £1,459
Phantom 3 Advanced £779
Phantom 3 Standard £509
OSMO £519
OSMO+ £689
OSMO Mobile £319
Inspire 1 V2.0 £1,849
Inspire 1 Pro £3,499
Inspire 1 Pro Black £3,919
Inspire 1 Raw £5,399
Ronin-MX £1,549

I knew I should have bought the OSMO Mobile when I was thinking about it the other day

Ok - Microsoft and others... Unilever etc...
most companies operate on a 10% roughy net profit ... so if you are losing 15% on a currency shift in a particular territory - then you have to increase your prices....

It's simple economics and nothing to do with a companies management or how big it is....

You can only blame the currency rate .... and for that you can blame the instability and uncertainty over the UK economy (even if it's only in the short term - hopefully)

Supermarket prices havent risen, so the currency cant surely be the only thing to blame..

Supermarket prices havent risen, so the currency cant surely be the only thing to blame..

Ummm ok - so you didn't hear about Unilever and Marmite gate??

Also supermarkets and other retailers still have stock at older pricing.
Many would tell you prices HAVE gone up... haven't you noticed the petrol prices? Oil priced in $ ... so pound per litre goes up...
read the biz papers - big fear of inflation...

Sterling plummets, GB imports are more expensive, exports are cheaper. Hoist by your own petard, Brexiters...
The Pro's far outweigh the Con's.
Sterling will recover. A temp increase in exchange rate based prices is a small price to pay.

The Pro's far outweigh the Con's.
Sterling will recover. A temp increase in exchange rate based prices is a small price to pay.

You may be right... but people need to stop blaming DJI for UK price increases!

By the way - how long is "temporary"?

You may be right... but people need to stop blaming DJI for UK price increases!

By the way - how long is "temporary"?

You're right, it is nothing to do with DJI other than exchange rate and them wanting the same money in the bank for their product.

How long is temporary? Shorter than 'Permanent'. :p

$999 dollars equals around £800 pounds so if the truth be out DJI were skanking UK customers in the first place even allowing for the addition of %20 vat.. and relatively speaking they still are.. he he

DJI just did a straight dollar for pound swap.. the swap worked out in their favour.. it would seem now the exchange rate makes the straight dollar for pound swap more realistic it seem they aint happy and want a bit more..:)

being as demand currently massively exceeds supply i expect dJI to do the obvious thing and jack up prices all round..

i ordered my favic directly from china.. the paypal conversion at 1.22 or close worked out at £804 pounds for the $999 dollar price.. the exchange rate now is over 1.26 and likely to go higher.. so for us to get the same deal as the US we would be talking £800 quid plus %20 vat.. this would still be less than £999.. about £960 to be close.. certainly not £1100 or a quid short of that

i dont really care that DJI have jacked up UK prices but lets not molly-coddle them too much..

even before brexit.. the nice sounding 999 figure would still probably have been used..

as for UK retailers.. they pay what they pay and the selling price is up to them.. again they have no reason to be overly price competitive.. expect to see them collect a bit more profit as well..

trog

$999 dollars equals around £800 pounds so if the truth be out DJI were skanking UK customers in the first place even allowing for the addition of %20 vat.. and relatively speaking they still are.. he he

DJI just did a straight dollar for pound swap.. the swap worked out in their favour.. it would seem now the exchange rate makes the straight dollar for pound swap more realistic it seem they aint happy and want a bit more..:)

being as demand currently massively exceeds supply i expect dJI to do the obvious thing and jack up prices all round..

i ordered my favic directly from china.. the paypal conversion at 1.22 or close worked out at £804 pounds for the $999 dollar price.. the exchange rate now is over 1.26 and likely to go higher.. so for us to get the same deal as the US we would be talking £800 quid plus %20 vat.. this would still be less than £999.. about £960 to be close.. certainly not £1100 or a quid short of that

i dont really care that DJI have jacked up UK prices but lets not molly-coddle them too much..

even before brexit.. the nice sounding 999 figure would still probably have been used..

as for UK retailers.. they pay what they pay and the selling price is up to them.. again they have no reason to be overly price competitive.. expect to see them collect a bit more profit as well..

trog
Good old import duties account for the rest, I think.

Wow you guys have it bad there with the taxes , thought Canada was bad !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser