DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Probably covered many times over

ToledoJDF

Reactions
So i spent 3 hrs last night, after receving the Mavic in mail yesterday, trying to get through the turn it on and Activation stage...was able to get the GO4software installed, power up my phone, the controller, the Mavic, and came up with the blue "register" box, click that and go through several screens, the Naming, the Mode screen, but when the screen came up showing the controller and the buttons numbered and labeled, it stays on that screen, the "next" and "back arrow" dont function, so cant move past that screen to finich the Mavic Intialization proccess. Tried like 15 times, reinstalled GO4 app 3 times, same issue.

Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
So i spent 3 hrs last night, after receving the Mavic in mail yesterday, trying to get through the turn it on and intialization stage...was able to get the GO4software installed, power up my phone, the controller, the Mavic, and came up with the blue "register" box, click that and go through several screens, the Naming, the Mode screen, but when the screen came up showing the controller and the buttons numbered and labeled, it stays on that screen, the "next" and "back arrow" dont function, so cant move past that screen to finich the Mavic Intialization proccess. Tried like 15 times, reinstalled GO4 app 3 times, same issue.

Anyone else experience this?

A better titled post would have been nice.

iOS? Android?

If iOS, then unplugging the cable between the phone and RC and putting it back in can help.

Shut everything off. Reconnect the cable.

Start (in iOS) by double clicking the home button and "flick away" the app so we know it's not running or loaded. (I have no clue how to do this in Android).

On the right side of the MP, open the hatch and verify that you are in RC mode.

Also, make sure the gimbal lock behind the camera has been removed.

Power up sequence:

- Controller
- DJI app
- Mavic Pro

The controller should acquire the MP quickly. The DJI app "DEVICE" label should turn blue. Hit it. The camera image should appear.

Thanks, its Android, and i will check the rc / wifi switch, but before I get to camera mode, I need my Mavic to be Activated, ...and cant get past the 4th screen of that process, it locks up, maybe it is the wifii/ rc switch, and it cant communicate....i was thinking it wouldnt have gotten that far if it was, but that may be the first point in the proccess that it is needed.

Will try when i get home tonight.
A better titled post would have been nice.

iOS? Android?

If iOS, then unplugging the cable between the phone and RC and putting it back in can help.

Shut everything off. Reconnect the cable.

Start (in iOS) by double clicking the home button and "flick away" the app so we know it's not running or loaded. (I have no clue how to do this in Android).

On the right side of the MP, open the hatch and verify that you are in RC mode.

Also, make sure the gimbal lock behind the camera has been removed.

Power up sequence:

- Controller
- DJI app
- Mavic Pro

The controller should acquire the MP quickly. The DJI app "DEVICE" label should turn blue. Hit it. The camera image should appear.

Thanks, its Android, and i will check the rc / wifi switch, but before I get to camera mode, I need my Mavic to be Activated, ...and cant get past the 4th screen of that process, it locks up, maybe it is the wifii/ rc switch, and it cant communicate....i was thinking it wouldnt have gotten that far if it was, but that may be the first point in the proccess that it is needed.

Will try when i get home tonight.

Sorry, misunderstood where you were hung up. Not sure what to do. Did you try a chat online with DJI support?

For try #16 there may be a very simple solution in the name.

When you name your Mav dont name it something like "Mavic pro 3" just try naming it "Mavic" no spaces or special characters and see if that gets you through it.

Sometimes the name holds up the whole process.

Once you get past that initial setup, it will prob ask you to download a mandatory firmware upgrade that can take up to 45 minutes. Make sure your batteries on controller and bird are fully charged.

Oh and BTW, keep us updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61