DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with Auto and Manual settings.....

fcat

Reactions
Been a real nice day here in northern VA so took the Mavic out to the beach for half an hour.

I noticed while flying it was VERY difficult to see the screen on my phone, even though its a nice clear sunny day. When i got home the footage was aweful and very dark.

I always fly with the Auto setting on for pictures and video. Below are two images Ive just taken the darker one is on the auto setting and the lighter one is on Manual. For some reason when on auto the image is very dark, this is on both video and stills. As soon as i click over the manual settings i can dial it in so it looks great. its like Auto mode has stopped working!

Auto mode and the properties of the picture are: f/2.2 Exposure: 1/2028 sec ISO 100
33jigky.jpg

Manual setting: f/2.2 Exposure: 1/240 sec ISO 100
102rwpe.jpg

Heres a short video too, filmed in Auto mode

Untitled

Any ideas and feedback appreciated.

Last edited:
Maybe when on the auto setting you've accidentally set the exposure to minus 1 or minus 2 ? (Control wheel at top right of controller).

Maybe when on the auto setting you've accidentally set the exposure to minus 1 or minus 2 ? (Control wheel at top right of controller).

BINGO! I had indeed, i didn't know the exposure could be changed when Auto was selected i presumed everything was locked in place!

Appreciate the help, thanks and happy holiday :)

Reactions: Sky-high
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S