DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with Greenscreen on Android DJI go 4 app

hifli

Reactions
Hi everyone, I just got my Mavic a week ago and I'm very pleased so far. However, I can't use any of my two android phones connected to the remote without getting a green distorted video feed :( One of the phones HTC 530 and the Other one is a PPTV King 7..

Here's a video illustrating the issue: 20170201_141904.mp4

I have searched online and tried most things like:
- different cables
- Iphone6 and Ipad air 2 works without any Issues
- A friends Samsung S7 works fine
- Updated to latest firmware on the mavic
- Tried different firmwares on my phone

It's really wierd, but I have my suspisions that It might be some codec decoding performance issue?

Any suggestions to what I can do? Many thanks

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but have you tried using the USB port at the bottom of the controller? That seems to work far better than the port on the side.

Other than that I'm not sure. It certainly does seem more flakey across Android than Apple though :confused:

I'm guessing the answer is yes, but have you tried using the USB port at the bottom of the controller? That seems to work far better than the port on the side.

Other than that I'm not sure. It certainly does seem more flakey across Android than Apple though :confused:
Thanks Pablo, yes indeed its the big USB port I'm using, three different cables. Also tried small USB port :(

Sent from my KING7 using MavicPilots mobile app

Did you solve the provblem? I'd like to buy PPTV King 7 but i worry that it will not work good with dji go 4 app

Maybe you should write on dji forum and get help from other forum also.

Please update this topic if you will solve this problem.

I have the same issue with DJI go 4 on iPhone 6 using side USB. I haven't resolved yet.

Glad it worked out. I had the same problem at first with mine and that solved it. I also close all programs and do a hard shutdown on my iPhone prior to flights to make sure DJI Go is loaded onto a clean slate without possible conflict from other apps.

The iOS issues and android issues are two different things i concluded.. On android it seems to be an issue with hardware support for decoding the feed

Sent from my KING7 using MavicPilots mobile app

When I received my Mavic the first thing I tried out was if my Huawei P8 Lite was compatible with the DJI GO 4 app. I suffered from a grey screen and no image footage on the phone. Tried to unstall the app and reinstall it. Still no picture. While I was looking up information I saw my phone rebooting without any action taken from my side while it was connected to the RC. After that I started the app again and I got a perfect video feed. Very strange. From that moment on the app works fine and I have video feed using the side micro usb connector. I also have a Shield K1 tablet and using the bottom usb connector the tablet worked from day one. Small tip: the RC can NOT have two cables connected. It will not work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ