DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with photos (Probably something I'm doing wrong)

agrippa907th

Reactions
Hi,

I am having an issue with photos I take being washed out / like an oil painting (see images). Most likely it's something I'm doing wrong with the camera settings.

I am not using a filter (plan to buy soon), so is it a brightness problem?

Thanks for any help.

problem1.jpg problem2.jpg

Hi,

I am having an issue with photos I take being washed out / like an oil painting (see images). Most likely it's something I'm doing wrong with the camera settings.

I am not using a filter (plan to buy soon), so is it a brightness problem?

Thanks for any help.

View attachment 15763 View attachment 15764
A filter would certainly make quite a beneficial difference.

Part of your problem is a lack of a filter. That forces the shutter to a really fast setting that the photosensor is partially distorting the image. But your image looks zoomed in. It's a problem in very bright areas, and filters will definitely go a long way.

Reactions: Cbslagle
Might want to say what settings you're using.
That looks heavily zoomed in.

The first one was zoomed in yes. I wanted to show the problem a little better :) The second one isn't zoomed at all.

I honestly can't remember what the ISO, Shutter Speed etc were on the photos. However, I've seen this problem a few times and tried playing around with different settings.

Here's another example. Not zoomed it.

I'll play around with the settings some more and get my hands on some filters ASAP. Thanks for the help guys.

DJI_0005.JPG

Looks liek the "pastel issue".
Some have had success improving it by upgrading to the latest firmware, for some a camera settings reset helped, and others have had to send their Mavic back for repair/exchange.

I'm still of the mind it's too bright outside. The filter should definitely let the photosensor capture more details.

This is incorrect, a filter doesn't do anything about "capturing more detail". For still photography you precisely want as much light as you can, you're better off not using any for that reason and also to avoid the resolution loss / reflections from the extra glass.

Also for best quality/detail you want to shoot RAW and post process appropriately.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54