DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with the Mavic Pro lens sensor

surfcast

Reactions
Hello,

I have a problem right after buying the Mavic Pro.

From the first flight to the viewing of photos and movies a black task very badly placed appears on the shots!
So I was not able to test this super small machine completely, I sent it back to Holland to the service SAV which returned it to me 15 days later telling me that they did not detect a problem !!! (Test photo attached).

Since March 9, the problem is not resolved and despite dozens of mails and multiple contacts at DJI, I find myself stuck with the drone that is for me unusable professionally. I can not afford to provide images with this defect that could be retouched with PhotoShop for images, but for movies ...! I am not the only buyer to have this problem that seems to end up on a whole series of manufacturing! no chance.

If some people were also worried and were able to resolve this with DJI, I am taking ideas, to date on April 10, DJI does not offer me anything, no agreement of return, change of camera or drone, I'm super disappointed!

Attachments

• Mavic Pro - Black point.jpg
    Mavic Pro - Black point.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 99
I'll be honest, that black dot looks like something you added. Can you add a different untouched photo now?

This is 63 years, professional image, I have only that has to do and I will have fun to add tasks on my photos and movies !!!

I also realized photos in my studio on a solid background with the same result.

Reactions: jdcntulsa
Is this mark ,blemish in the same place on all your photos and videos, have you taken a shot with just a plain white background

Yes, I did shots on a solid background in my studio, the mark is identical and in the same place, it is a manufacturing defect on the surface of the sensor.

There it's done ! I made a short video, I do not know if it will go upload on the site and I made pictures on white background.
Obviously, when shooting a photo, the black dot grows and is more visible if you use the zoom on the Mavic control.

The video does not pass, I put several photos taken at the moment.

Attachments

• DJI_0007.JPG
    DJI_0007.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DJI_0007.JPG
    DJI_0007.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DJI_0009.JPG
    DJI_0009.JPG
    300.7 KB · Views: 77
  • DJI_0010.JPG
    DJI_0010.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 73
I don't think it's a defect with the sensor, more likely that there is something stuck to the lens glass, I think a defect with the sensor would be a regular pixel shape, this looks like a bit of crud (technical term) stuck to the lens, but should be covered by warranty if it's on the inside of the lens

I'm thinking the same thing. It looks like some sort of crap is on or in the lense. If not, then there is something wrong with the photo sensor in the camera and needs replacing.

The first photo of the white background if you zoom in as far as you can it looks as though there is a little hair curled ,top ĺeft of the item

I tried to take a closer look at the fault by zooming the snapshot with photoshop and it seems that the black task is as peeled from the bottom (the sensor).
It would actually be possible that it is a small foreign body inside the lens.
In any case it is indeed a manufacturing defect of the optics and DJI should not leave its "faithful" customers in complete abandonment.

Hello,
Yes, I did, many people sympathize with or advise me to go to a consumer organization, but no solution ...

A piece of junk sitting on the sensor, no question. Inexcusable defect. DJI should fix it.

I have just looked at my camera , will the lens cover come of ,there are 2 very tiny screws that look as though they may hold the cover , perhaps if someone with a damaged gimbal and camera could check for you you may be able to remove the cover and blow the item away

Hello,
I also considered the possibility of disassembling the small camera but if I try to disassemble it I will lose the manufacturer warranty ... and as it happens badly with DJI!
But it is true that I thought, tired of my multiple approaches for more than a month with DJI!
The risk is also that the problem of dust which with the static electricity will penetrate inside, even if I have a demagnetizing device that I use to clean my sensors FX format.

We are here with a very miniaturized objective and I think the DJI after-sales services themselves do not launch in this kind of attempt and replace the camera squarely!

Anyway thanks for the message, we thought of the same thing!

Sorry but I don't know what else to suggest apart from trying to get someone at Dji to esculate your case to someone higher up the food chain

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580