DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems connecting to DJI assistant 2

Karlo De Pro

Reactions
Hi,
Today I was trying to update the firmware on my Mavic Pro with DJI Assistant 2. The programm didn't seem to notice my devices. I have tried to connect my remote to my pc (with micro usb on left side of remote), I have tried to connect my Mavic to my pc and I also tried to connect remote to pc while Mavic was connected to it.
When I start up the remote or the drone, the screen seen below doesn't change and I can't do anything. I powered on the remote and the drone while trying.
upload_2016-12-26_20-53-51.png
Does someone knows how to solve this issue?
Any help would be appreciated.
Kinds regards,
Karlo

Might want to reinstall and make sure the RNDIS driver is installed properly, if you didn't allow install it would not work.

Last edited:
Might want to reinstall and make sure the RDIS driver is installed properly, if you didn't allow install it would not work.
I already reinstalled, once on my D drive and once on my C drive. Can I download this RDIS driver seperately?

No idea, it installs together with the Assistant, I'm sure I got a specific prompt to allow installation from Windows.

I had the issue and reinstalled twice. Then it worked but I really believe it to be a cable issue no the app.

i had the exact same issue, and was on chat about it with DJI ...the lady on the chat was clueless and could not give any good help !!

As i was using the provided DJI cable the cable was not faulty but i did try with my own micro sd cable with no positive outcome...

finally after 1 hour of trying over and over (RC ON or OFF) i installed the application from my friend's computer and it worked.

So either my computer (Microsoft Surface PRO 3) was having issues with it, or maybe as someone suggested i should have reinstalled it on my computer once or twice.

All in All : not a straight forward installation type of program as i often read here people having issues with it...

Reactions: Sir Francisc
I just installed the software on my old desktop and I have no problems at all. So it must be something with my laptop...( MSI)
I also noticed that I got a lot more prompst to allow installation for parts of the software on my desktop... So I think, for one reason or another, my laptop didn't download the full programm....
Anyway, I can update my firmware on my desktop now.

Same here. Sometimes Asistant simply does not recognize the connected device.

I'm having the same problem on MacBook. reinstalled assistant 2 many times but it still does not work.
Edit 12/31, I was using a cable that did not come with the mavic, because it was longer. switched back to the mavic cable and assistant works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electromen
I've installed Assistant 2 on two different computers (PC's) and can't get it to recognize either my Mavic or my controller. I'm not sure it matters too much. Is it worth additional effort? Spent probably 4 hours trying to get it to connect, mostly our of curiosity.

You can also do firmware updates with your mobile device so it's not that big of a problem I think...

One way DJI Assistant talks to Mavic is with with Ethernet-over-USB, which is subject to restrictions by your firewall. One reason for the issue you're having could be the firewall configurations on your machine. One thing you can try is to disable all of your firewalls before you connect the Mavic.

Reactions: digdat0
One way DJI Assistant talks to Mavic is with with Ethernet-over-USB, which is subject to restrictions by your firewall. One reason for the issue you're having could be the firewall configurations on your machine. One thing you can try is to disable all of your firewalls before you connect the Mavic.
Thanks. Yes, I got the firewall messages and opted to open the firewall (kind of scary to do that with all of the Chinese lettering and hacking fears, fyi). Still no joy. I've tried two more cables as the Mavic seems very particular about cabling. The software box changes colors two times when connecting the cable now (that's an improvement) but still never connects or acknowledges being connected. Wish I could get it to work so that I have "full" access to capabilities.

Hi!
Today, I updated my DJI Assistant to version 1.0.9 (from older 1.0.8) - now the same problem as you encountered earlier - my Windows7x64 PC wont recognize connection of my remote controller nor Mavic.
After disabling Windows Firewall, it works. If you want to make it work without disabling your firewall every time you want to use DJI Assistant, you need to update two firewall rules manually - under Advanced options of Windows Firewall, you can see two incoming rules - both called "Assistant Application". Just edit them and manualy find and select that file "root.exe" under "Programs and Services" tab.
The file name is filled here, but for some reason, the rule points to the file with slightly wrong path. Click "Browse..." and find it manually.
Regards!

Reactions: dudimex
What seemed to work for me is I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant with my Anti-Virus off and Firewall off (and ran the executable file as Administrator). And with these things still off I connected the Mavic and it did what it's supposed to.
I would have been just fine updating via the DJI GO app but it was taking FOREVER (like 30 minutes) for the download of a mere 150 MB which it kept failing on at 45%. It drained a quarter of my drone and controller's battery with still no success.
What a pain in the ***!!!

Hi,
Today I was trying to update the firmware on my Mavic Pro with DJI Assistant 2. The programm didn't seem to notice my devices.
Welcome on board !
seems like this is a REALproblem : DJI Assistant 2 won't "see" the Mavic, whatever the re-starts, re-installs (V 1.0.9 now), cable swapping...
A suggestion : could it have to do with the Mavic not being ready, or blocked by a safety feature ?
The light on the stern of the quad is blinking yellow very fast. And if I turn on the Controller, first thing i get is "Magnetic interference" (natch I'm home, right next to the PC!).

Thank you Kilrah, but what is RNDIS ?

Hello!
RNDIS is "Remote Network Driver Interface Specification", Mavic talks with PC via "Virtual Ethernet Adapter" (something like network card, just propietary).
But you need to solve your issue, I suppose. Please, try to disable Windows Firewall completely, then start DJI Assistant 2 app, turn on Mavic and connect it.
You should hear "plug-in sound", the same like connecting USB flash drive. Then the DJI Assistant must see your bird.
If this works, the problem is in Windows Firewall, not driver. I already wrote HOW-TO repair firewall rules here earlier.
Regards!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU