DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems importing DJI GO4 saved videos to FCPx

MavicMoira

Reactions
I have exported the iPhone 7+ videos saved in DJI Go 4 app to my local photos album. I then tell FCPx to import them but at the end of each import FCPx reports, 'The following clip encountered an error during import".

All the videos are visible as external media and display correctly but they will not import.

Any ideas anybody?
Moira

You are aware that the footage that is stored in the Go4 app is a low-res version of what is saved to the SD card in the MP? Just pop the card out of the aircraft and import the footage directly to FCPX.

Reactions: Kilrah
Of course I am aware that these are low res files. The reason I wanted to import the phone files is to sync the audio with the media from the Mavic Card.

I'll try when I can find that pesky transfer app - I so rarely have to use it as all other video files import perfectly to FCPX

Of course I am aware that these are low res files. The reason I wanted to import the phone files is to sync the audio with the media from the Mavic Card.

Aha, that makes sense!
I guess I'd give the files a spin with VLC to try to solve the problem. VLC is excellent for those situations.
Good luck!

Success - I found the files through iTunes - must have missed the folder when I looked before. The files are 720p29.98 so not bad. Imported OK into FCPX and synced with the high res files. Now, is there any way of importing the analysis files into FCPX so that one can overlay the map and RC data?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie