DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with video files and focus

guitars555

Reactions
Greeting fellow Mavic owners,
I have had mine for a month or so and have made some great videos so far. I also have updated firmware to most recent. I use DJI Go and Litchi apps. Last 3 days video files are acting very strange:
1) Raw video plays at half speed and twice the length (22 min flight = 44 minute video at 1/2 speed)
2) Focus is terrible also, center focus and infinity focus don't have much effect.
3) Does this with Windows Media player and VLC player as well.
4) Tried different computer - same results
5) Tried re-formatting the SD card - same results
6) Files from 4 days ago were fine, although there was some rippling effect at center height of screen - separate issue I think
7) Load into Premiere Elements and runs normally. Makes me think its a codec issue but I'm not very savvy with that stuff.
8) Haven't tried new card yet, but that is next step I think.
Sample video from today:
Samples of video before this started:
(all Mavic)
(Some Mavic mixed with other footage)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
Im not fully savy on your other issues but have you changed frame rate to 96 or 60. Premiere elements project setting has to be set to same as footage (if you shoot at 60fps and import to a 30fps project you will get what you have described). Premiere elements cant import any higher than 60fps as far as I know.

In addition, updating firmware and/or app may reset all your camera settings... if you had your sharpening to custom +1, it may now very well be back to normal 0... yielding water paintings every now and then :-/

Thanks, will look into camera reset and sharpening settings. Hopefully this may help the out of focus issue. As to frame rate and Premiere, I am shooting at 1080p at 29.97 fps. This is not a Premiere issue - like I said, the video is 40+ minutes long in raw format straight off the SD card but plays very slow. When I upload to Premiere the video plays normal speed and true length (the above video/flight was just over 9 minutes, but played at over 40 minutes raw).

That's exactly what happens when you've shot high frame rate video.
Pretty sure your camera settings are wrong since they got reset, and you're probably in one of the "goggle-optimized" low latency modes (48 or 96fps, "crude" resizing which explains the lower quality).

Thanks for the info guys. Thinking back on "what changed" before this started, I recall using Litchi VR mode a couple flights to try it out. Maybe this put it in a strange frame rate as Kilrah noted above? So I check my video settings and they were still at 1080 @ 30fps.
Anyway, I performed a firmware update (.800) and upon restart, also went in and reset camera settings. Seems to have fixed the focus issue - first flights using DJIGo looked normal again! Next I used Litchi and while the focus was better, there is still a rippling effect at center screen during yaw and gimbal up/down movement. Will post another video.

Ok, here's a comparison of the DJIGo app and Litchi app after doing the firmware update and resetting camera settings. As you can see, it is much better, and almost perfect, except for the rippling effect on yaw and gimbal movement using Litchi. Note I am not talking about the Moire effect that you can clearly see. I understand that is due to exposure settings which I played with a bit during this video. I am still learning about how to minimize that effect and use ND filters properly. Seems to be a lot of info available on that subject, but right now I am worried about the rippling effect, and the possibility it is hardware related? I really don't want to send the Mavic back, especially if this rippling is due to some setting or user error. Comments appreciated. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242