DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with WIFI

Arnold

Reactions
Just got a Mavic Pro last week and have been flying it everyday. It works great using the RC and iphone 6s. Out of curiousity I wanted to test the mavic using wifi and the iphone only, but for some reason I cannot locate the drones signal on my iphone's wifi settings (even though the mavic switch is set to wifi). I tried scanning the qr codes, but that didn't work. I also restored the mavics firmware, but to no avail. one curious thing was in the dji assistant 2 under wifi settings you should be able to see the password and SSID, but instead it says "failed to get SSID and Password. Is it me or might the wifi on this puppy be DEAD? Any ideas?

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. I wish it was that easy. There's not much you can do if you don't see a wifi signal at all. I believe wifi part of the drone is either disconnected internally or totally dead. spoke to DJI support and they want me to send it in. I'm just gonna return it to the store and exchange, cause that's faster. Thank god I ran through all of the mavic's options. Otherwise it would have been too late for a return at the store. hope that the new one doesn't have some other problem. I've just been noticing a lot of postings about issues with this model.

Reactions: harryb
I am having a similar problem, both tablet and phone are not seeing the Mavic wifi- nada. Even downloaded an analyser to see if I was missing something.

It's been connected in the past- but now it just doesn't connect.

These drones are great when they are working but a pain in the butt when something goes wrong.

Turned flight mode on so mobile network is off but to no avail

Also got a battery down to the now infamous firmware upgrade - stuck with two neons on. Cannot do anything with it.

Spent 5 hours messing around today and what with living in a no fly zone ( I have gone on DJI web page and asked for permission to fly, which was granted, but yet my controller still says in NFY) Not one minute of flying time.

Who do I send the bill to???

I don't have much experience with the NFZs yet but I believe if you're in the red zone, it's a No-Go.

As far as the Wifi is concerned....I ended up bringing the mavic back to the store and exchanging it for a new one. tested the wifi right there and it worked. 2 weeks later and it still works. It should be as simple as popping the wifi switch on the mavic, turning it on and then looking for the ssid on your phone in the wifi settings. Do you have an apple or android phone? Another way to check if your wifi is working is to have the mavic in wifi mode, turning it on and connecting it to DJI Assistant 2. If its working, you should be able to see the SSID and password in the wifi tab of the DJI Assistant. If not, like as in my case, your wifi is probably dead. If you still can, return it to the store for an exchange.

I don't have much experience with the NFZs yet but I believe if you're in the red zone, it's a No-Go.

As far as the Wifi is concerned....I ended up bringing the mavic back to the store and exchanging it for a new one. tested the wifi right there and it worked. 2 weeks later and it still works. It should be as simple as popping the wifi switch on the mavic, turning it on and then looking for the ssid on your phone in the wifi settings. Do you have an apple or android phone? Another way to check if your wifi is working is to have the mavic in wifi mode, turning it on and connecting it to DJI Assistant 2. If its working, you should be able to see the SSID and password in the wifi tab of the DJI Assistant. If not, like as in my case, your wifi is probably dead. If you still can, return it to the store for an exchange.

Hello Arnold,

If your answer is to my post...then

The NF Zone where I live is a yellow zone and you can go into your accounts and get permission to fly. The day before yesterday I flew with out any permissions, just toggled the GEO button over and I away I went, tried the same thing yesterday and nada. So I went to my account and applied for a 3 day pass - which was granted, still the RC was saying I was in a NF zone.

That's where wifi come in handy, at least you can get a bit of flying in without leaving the home address each time.

Thanks for the advice with regards the wifi and the DJI 2 assisitant already tried that and nothing- so looks like it's going back.

Still got the battery down with the 2 neon lights showing- can't upgrade as the battery is lower than 50% and cannot charge the battery as it's in a suspended state ( halfway through and upgrade) Real intelligent!!

Silly question and old post but i had the same issue.

Make sure the switch by the SD card is switched to "WIFI"

Then restart drone, all will be well and ssid will show up in both wifi networks and on DJI assistant 2.

It looks like the wifi broadcast does not get sent in the remote controller mode, as it would be redundant :)

Cheers and happy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S