DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop guards/ cage for mavic

thebigfelly

Reactions
Hey .

Havent got my mavic yet but been looking at accessories saw the usual gaurds on sale that were similar on phantom models shld you go sideways into a wall etc to protect the props.

But also saw somewhere it was like a prop cage protector that went around the sides but also covered the top of the blades too should you go into trees .

Wondering if anyone uses the gaurds or protectors for the blades or just go with spare blades

Guards, as by the time you have smashed a prop at 50', your Mavic has hit the ground hard.
Just be careful near trees, as the get hooked up easily.
Find a big open space if you don't want to use them and learn there.

But also saw somewhere it was like a prop cage protector that went around the sides but also covered the top of the blades too should you go into trees
Those are only good if you're flying in tripod mode (ideally indoors).

Hey .

Havent got my mavic yet but been looking at accessories saw the usual gaurds on sale that were similar on phantom models shld you go sideways into a wall etc to protect the props.

But also saw somewhere it was like a prop cage protector that went around the sides but also covered the top of the blades too should you go into trees .

Wondering if anyone uses the gaurds or protectors for the blades or just go with spare blades
Re Prop Cages and a shout-out to Advexure...In LA area. I have been waiting for prop cages from DJI since they were announced. I prepaid. No news on when they would come. I am on a wait list at B&H and Adorama. BUT...Adxenture has them in stock! I ordered mine on Monday and they will be delivered TODAY via Priority Mail ! They're in LA and I'm in Brookfield CT.

Now, why have prop cages? One reason is the MAVIC MAGNETS: i.e.trees/bushes. My Mavic was heavily damages last winter when, on climb out, it hit a tiny tree branch VERY high up, that I didn't even see. Branch caught props and Mavic fell to ground from 150 or so feet up. I used DJI care to repair. I think it was $167 out of pocket to DJI. If I had prop CAGES, that would not have happened as they are protected above, below and on all sides. That does NOT mean you can be reckless. I am very conservative and fly, descend and climb at very low speeds. Also I shoot near people (with their permission) and indoors a lot, and these are indispensable. YES, they shorten flight time to 10 to 15 minutes but well worth it. I have many batteries and you should as well. I might add that the DJI Mavic Prop GUARDS as very good as well, and cheap, but with no above and below protection. I see many people have damaged their Mavic on climb outs!

I bought my Mavic from Advexure and I just replaced a flyaway Phantom 4 Professional with them. They helped me locate a MINT Inspire 1 V2.0. Their prices are very fair, excellent shipping speed, excellent inventory and better than excellent customer service.

My Hangar includes Junior, my Mavic, Monst'a my Inspire, Song Bird III my Phantom 4 Pro, Song Bird 1, my Phantom 4, Biggie, my Typhoon H Pro and Big Bird, my Disco.

I highly recommend doing business with Advexure. It has been my pleasure and no stress.

You searched for prop cage | Advexure

Reactions: Advexure
Going to seriously use up your battery with the full cages. It's kinda like wearing a helmet while driving your car. It's a good idea if you're not sure how to drive a car.

I just got mine yesterday. So naturally I slap them on, it's a pretty well engineered kit. Well built and thought out.

After I get them on, I fire it up in the house. Man, first thing first, these are LOUD! Stupid loud! They also add so much weight to the Mavic. It makes it HUGE too. Like a totally different bird all together.

Re Prop Cages and a shout-out to Advexure...In LA area. I have been waiting for prop cages from DJI since they were announced. I prepaid. No news on when they would come. I am on a wait list at B&H and Adorama. BUT...Adxenture has them in stock! I ordered mine on Monday and they will be delivered TODAY via Priority Mail ! They're in LA and I'm in Brookfield CT.

Now, why have prop cages? One reason is the MAVIC MAGNETS: i.e.trees/bushes. My Mavic was heavily damages last winter when, on climb out, it hit a tiny tree branch VERY high up, that I didn't even see. Branch caught props and Mavic fell to ground from 150 or so feet up. I used DJI care to repair. I think it was $167 out of pocket to DJI. If I had prop CAGES, that would not have happened as they are protected above, below and on all sides. That does NOT mean you can be reckless. I am very conservative and fly, descend and climb at very low speeds. Also I shoot near people (with their permission) and indoors a lot, and these are indispensable. YES, they shorten flight time to 10 to 15 minutes but well worth it. I have many batteries and you should as well. I might add that the DJI Mavic Prop GUARDS as very good as well, and cheap, but with no above and below protection. I see many people have damaged their Mavic on climb outs!

I bought my Mavic from Advexure and I just replaced a flyaway Phantom 4 Professional with them. They helped me locate a MINT Inspire 1 V2.0. Their prices are very fair, excellent shipping speed, excellent inventory and better than excellent customer service.

My Hangar includes Junior, my Mavic, Monst'a my Inspire, Song Bird III my Phantom 4 Pro, Song Bird 1, my Phantom 4, Biggie, my Typhoon H Pro and Big Bird, my Disco.

I highly recommend doing business with Advexure. It has been my pleasure and no stress.

You searched for prop cage | Advexure

THANK YOU kindly for your remarks and feedback here on the MavicPilots forum.

We are most happy to assist our fellow MavicPilots members. At the moment Mavic Propeller Cages are now stocked out but we should see restock within a week or so.

All other Mavic Pro Accessories can be found here: MAVIC PRO ACCESSORIES

Stock status is always shown online and in stock orders placed before 4pm PST M-F are guaranteed for same day shipping from Los Angeles.

Thanks again,
The Advexure Team

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom