DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop Life? When To Replace.

One important thing to note is that each prop is locked on the motor with three small legs. I had a very minor crash into a wall during an indoor flight test. There wasn't even a scuff on any of the blades, and the MP flew just fine immediately afterwards. Since the MP was new to me at the time, I pulled one of the blades off to see how the locking mechanism works. Dumb luck had me pull the one blade off that had internal, non-visible damage. One of those three legs had snapped off. The broken piece was still inside the motor hub. The blade was holding on with only 2 legs. It didn't seem to affect the performance at all. Me discovering the damage was a purely incidental finding.

Lesson learned: Even if there appears to be zero damage to the props, take them off of the motor to inspect the underside. Flying with only 2 out of three legs may work... for a while...

One important thing to note is that each prop is locked on the motor with three small legs. I had a very minor crash into a wall during an indoor flight test. There wasn't even a scuff on any of the blades, and the MP flew just fine immediately afterwards. Since the MP was new to me at the time, I pulled one of the blades off to see how the locking mechanism works. Dumb luck had me pull the one blade off that had internal, non-visible damage. One of those three legs had snapped off. The broken piece was still inside the motor hub. The blade was holding on with only 2 legs. It didn't seem to affect the performance at all. Me discovering the damage was a purely incidental finding.

Lesson learned: Even if there appears to be zero damage to the props, take them off of the motor to inspect the underside. Flying with only 2 out of three legs may work... for a while...

I too crashed my Mavic, hit a small tree branch I hadn't noticed.

I lost a prop. When I got the Mavic back and turned it over, the tip of one of the locking legs fell out of the motor. I believe these locking legs might be a weak point, and will be my main point of inspection from now on.

By the way, the rest of the Mavic was absolutely fine, tough little bird.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: erkme73
What about the small freeplay betwen mavic propeller and motor... I have litle freeplay on propeler when i hold the motor and move the propeller right and left.. Is that normal or change propeller? Never crash never hit something, etc, so no damage on prop... Only the free play on motor and propeller,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000