DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop Stiffness

hiwese1

Reactions
I am wondering if we need to tighten the props if they fold easy and don't stay straight when held by the tip.

I have seen people say that but I can't believe with all the opening and closing of the blades and with DJI not providing a tool to tighten them that DJI isn't to concerned about it.

What do you think? Isn't the centrifugal force enough to keep them straight all of the time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

I am wondering if we need to tighten the props if they fold easy and don't stay straight when held by the tip.

I have seen people say that but I can't believe with all the opening and closing of the blades and with DJI not providing a tool to tighten them that DJI isn't to concerned about it.
What do you think? Isn't the centrifugal force enough to keep them straight all of the time.

I've seen that "test" and I believe the thinking is that if it doesn't hold straight, then it is developing slop in the joint and should be evaluated for replacement.

Has anyone tightened the props and if so what allen wrench is requred. It looks so small, I don't have one that small. Am I the only one having this issue. I am not going to change these out every month because they aren't tight.

The props are connected by rivets. An allen wrench isn't going to be useful here.

Do you believe they have to stay straight. I can't find anything saying it will hurt anything if it isn't straight when you hold it by the tip. What are your thoughts on that. I find it hard to believe people will know of this or change it out.

Do you believe they have to stay straight. I can't find anything saying it will hurt anything if it isn't straight when you hold it by the tip. What are your thoughts on that. I find it hard to believe people will know of this or change it out.

I can only reiterate what I already said. I think "evaluate for replacement" says it all. Slop leads to more slop and at some point is a concern.

Do you think someone will make a non folding version. It would still have the compactness. The biggest weak link on the Mavic is that folding part on the props.

By the way I flew it in sports mode today. Can u say holy crap awesomeness.

Dji props design as well, stifness is not affect to your flight, for me loose stif props is better, why? Because when i do a csc from high altd the motor work perfect with loose stifness props,when drone drop off with motor turn off then motor spin reversed, and when it restart before hit the ground the motor will more confort with loose stiffness props, i did csc with MAS props, it has hard props, no loose, and when i resatart the motor in the air the motor work harder, esc need extra power to reverse the spining, and for the security of the esc system, esc cut off the power from battery, make the battery dead and drone fall as a rock from the sky, so the loose stifness props is better then hard props or unfoldable props like phantom, losse props is secure by the pin on the props, make sure locker on the props not crack,

If I had a “loose” prop I’d change it.... Of course the only time the blades really move on the rivets is during power up. After that centrifugal force holds the props steady barring impact with a solid object.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929